Staying friends with an ex (1 Viewer)

My best (depending on the stringency of your defination "only") friend is an ex. I'm now so emotionally mature that I no longer do a little dance of joy when she tells me that she's cheated on the dude that she started seeing after me.

It only works well where both parties are satisfied with just being friends. If there are lingering romantic feelings on either side it's difficult, and not fair on the one still carrying a torch.

Agreed, also agree with morg.

I think it depends on several factors. Like how the relationship ended and why, have either/both still got romantic intentions etc. I'm friends with a couple of exes, but only managed that after sufficient time passed and we'd moved on enough. I also know there are one, or two I could never ever talk to again.

Agreed. I've gotten to the friends stage with my ex (although I still have contact with all of them if I'm honest). The thing with this ex is that we were always just really good friends who were trying to make more if it. Once we realised that's what the problem was, and had some space apart, it was all good. I'm really pleased with the way things are now and it's not weird when we talk about other people that we're seeing and stuff.

Ahhh, happy days :)

title%20THE_AMAZING_MR_X-0.jpg

sounds like someone hurt him real bad. the bravado numbs the pain...kind of

Sounds like he's not the only one to have gotten hurt....

You can talk to the internet Nooly.Let it all out....

I reckon it only makes things worse remaining close friends. You need to be apart for a long time to get a good run at being apart, otherwise the feelings won't fade as they should by being apart.
yes. it helps when one of you leaves the country / continent.
otherwise its even harder

its terribly hard work. unless they turned lesbian, then its the height of entertainment. ..the real problem (i was just having this very discussion over a bottle o something lastnight) is that echo's of the cross dependence on each other are actually a hindrance to either party moving on to greener pastures. the best friend either party can be is the friend that lets them move on.

untill they text you talking about having pixies tickets. then the morals can fuck off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back