Spotify - subscription or free (ad supported) streaming music access (1 Viewer)

my mac says no to spotify anytime ive been linked into it...

meh, grooveshark has been adequetly fufilling my music needs

(apart from when i want to listen to spandeau ballet apparently)

Anyone know a way around the invite mularky for the free version of Spotify? Last time I downloaded it I used a proxy to get access to a French version of it, but they seemed to have closed off that loophole.

please and thanks.

im using paid spotify. its amazing out and about on the iphone. i downloaded it by signing up to a swedish itunes account and downloading it through there. i forget 100% how i managed it but it took 30 minutes of googling to figure it out. tenner a month is nothing for pretty much ALL the music i want, on demand.

actually found some tweets i sent to someone about it :

set up a second apple acc registered to a post code in Sweden to download the spotify app which is hidden from IRL store. if your downloading a free app from swedish store, no dont need to enter card details, just select "none", thats the bypass.

once installed on iphone, it let me upgrade my existing free account via the app using my irish card details.

this has turned my desktop spotify acc to premium with all the mobile features working on iphone perfectly.

i got the iphone app via UK iTunes account (using a London W12 8QT address, naturally). maybe that's how it worked for me? dunno.

They geolock all payment methods however you can get around this by creating a UK paypal account. Setup a UK paypal account, associate your Irish credit card with it (fill in all your Irish address details but choose a random UK postcode, remember if this credit card is already registered with an Irish paypal account, you'll have to unhook it first, you can't associate one credit card with multiple accounts). Head on over to spotify.com using a uk proxy/vpn (daveproxy.co.uk is reliable). Go buy a premium account and use the paypal option. That process worked for me. I know you can make payments through paypal WITHOUT a paypal account so you could try that way first, would save a few clicks, remember to set UK as the country though.

Download iphone app is the usual way for all international stores, sign out of your itunes account, switch to UK store, go download a free app, it'll prompt you to create an itunes account but because you choose a free app to download, it gives you the option to create an account with no payment method specified. Just remember to sign into this account every so often so you can check for updates. You can have apps from multiple iTunes store on your phone but the update process only checks those under the current iTunes country login. Helpful tip: use the sign in/out iTunes function in the Settings app rather than in the App Store app, much more reliable.

Agh, thats far too complicated.
I don't have an iPhone & don't have a UK credit card.

Forget it. My Last.fm subscription will do for now...

& don't have a UK credit card.
Or more than 1 Irish card to use in a SECOND paypal account JUST for spotify and the proxies and all that shite... Not really worth it is it?

Must be on the way to becoming legitimate here soon enough, no?

They geolock all payment methods however you can get around this by creating a UK paypal account. Setup a UK paypal account, associate your Irish credit card with it (fill in all your Irish address details but choose a random UK postcode, remember if this credit card is already registered with an Irish paypal account, you'll have to unhook it first, you can't associate one credit card with multiple accounts). Head on over to spotify.com using a uk proxy/vpn (daveproxy.co.uk is reliable). Go buy a premium account and use the paypal option. That process worked for me. I know you can make payments through paypal WITHOUT a paypal account so you could try that way first, would save a few clicks, remember to set UK as the country though.

i definitely didn't have to do any of that

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back