***SPOILERS*** Harry Potter - Last book & new film (1 Viewer)

Re: Harry Potter - Last book & new film

What happened to that bitch Umbridge? I guess we'll never find out, was hoping she'd get sent to Azkaban for collaboration

Felt a bit sorry for Scrimgegour, the order could probably saved him if they'd let him know they knew the Ministry had been infiltrated

And oh yeah, how did Neville pull the sword from the hat if Griphook had taken it in the Malfoy's vault? That was a deadly little bit, btw, Neville being the hero

In the 2nd book Dumbledore explains that the Sword of Griffindor is always there for someone who really needs it. Neville certainly qualifies in that instance. It was fucking deadly!!

Man I loved Kreacher. When he came charging with all the other house elves!! Kick ass! Poor Dobby, though. He was great. I was really sad when he died.

I think all you creeps are fucked in the head for watching/reading this kiddie drivel.

So have there been many/any grumbling letters/editorials about adults reading harry potter on the way to work? Anytime a book comes out there's a slew of these

a mate sent me a guardian article last week that was moaning about adult potter fans, they can go get fucked though.

epilogue was nice if a bit hammy. fred shouldn't have died, nor tonks. lupin was kinda tormented so i didn't feel so bad about him. still sad though.

i was willing harry to leap from hagrids arms and smoke that voldemort fool! but the duel was grand.

and i KNEW, even after dumbledores death, that snape was on the level.

i got pete to add a spoilers warning to the thread title.

What happened to that bitch Umbridge? I guess we'll never find out, was hoping she'd get sent to Azkaban for collaboration

i thought she was the best thing about the film. and i want an animated kitten plate, can you make one with php egg_?

Things i didn't like (aside from the occasionally clunky dialogue and usual complaints):

1) the horcrux as lord of the ring weight around the carriers neck which altered their personality. Just put it in the bag you idiots
2) how the patronus developed into basically rip offs of Daemons in the His Dark Materials trilogy

"All was well" bugged me. I actually downloaded one of the supposed leaks a couple of weeks ago and (presuming it was a fake.. the real thing never leaked before) skipped straight to the ending. When I saw the last 2 lines, the random "his scar hadn't hurt in 19 years" thing (as well as the clichéd kids' names) sold it to me as 100% fake.

I'd have preferred "And they all lived happily ever after" to "All was well".

But still, that was one of - dare I say perhaps THE - best books I've ever read!

Remember in book 3 when Trelawney refused to go to sit down at Christmas lunch because 12 people were there and she said "When 13 dine together the first to rise will be the first to die"? Well there were 13 there already - Scabbers (Pettigrew) was in Ron's pocket. Dumbledore was the first to stand up - to get Trelawney a chair - and he was the first to die.

At Harry's Birthday party [in Deathly Hallows] there were precisely 13 people sitting down for the meal (some others such as Arthur who was still at the ministry or Molly who was wandering around weren't sitting). The first to rise were Tonks and Lupin, then Fred. Foreshadowing much?

Also, remember in book 1, when Oliver Wood said to Harry "Catch the snitch or die trying"? Well, turned out that comment about that particular snitch meant more than meets the eye.

The last line "All was well" is not as simplistic as it seems. Its actually a reference to Scott-Holland's poem "Death is nothing at all". Like HP it talks about the effects of death friends or those who die for other people, but in the end shows its not that bad and says "All is well".

Mad-Eye Moody isn't dead. He just went mad. You may notice his eye was taken from him. What else do we see in Diagon Alley but a slightly-mad looking man, with a hatred for Bellatrix, and a bloody rag covering one eye?!!?

or not

Another forum, i would say it originally comes from mugglenet.com.
The mad eye moody thing is a bit much, the guy in question talks about his kids since when does mad-eye have kids? Also wouldn't Harry/Hermoine/Ron have recognised him?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back