***SPOILERS*** Harry Potter - Last book & new film (1 Viewer)

right, er, new film then, looks good. I'm wondering how they're gonna make the big exciting thing at the end still appear exciting since everyone has now read all the books

right, er, new film then, looks good. I'm wondering how they're gonna make the big exciting thing at the end still appear exciting since everyone has now read all the books

They managed to make the big exciting thing at the end of each one work, so this shouldn't be much different.

That film.. I dunno.. First hour was an absolute mess to anyone with even a good knowledge of the books.
Really? I was going to go over it tonight, it's been a while since I read it last.
Might be better off waiting till after I see it.
Did it get much better towards the end?

That film.. I dunno.. First hour was an absolute mess to anyone with even a good knowledge of the books.

there's a fair few cuts and omissions, but when i went to refresh my memory of the book last week i found it fairly involved from the word go. as it stands it a long film and if they tried to include everything it would have been a 4 hour film. not that i would have minded.

i really thought it was great.

New movie is fucking fantastic.

erkg1x.jpg

I'm with gambra, the whole thing was a bit of a mess, lots of token 'i'm still around, this is my scene where I do something' bits in it. I just felt like it was never going anywhere. Maybe the book was too big for one film.

anyway, some of the funny bits were good, Luna is super cute (and about, what, 16? oo-er) and i'm looking forward to the next one

I enjoyed it.
The pacing is a nice change from the normal set-piece to set-piece frenzy of all of the other big Films this year.
I'm off to paddypower.com to put a ton on Jim Broadbent for a best supporting actor statue - I thought he was fabulous.

For anyone who's read last book:

I was re-reading the book last night and just finished it and the one thing I can't place was what the hell was the "flayed, mewling baby" that was in Harry's head when he had just been hit with the Killing Curse in the Forest? I thought it was the part of Voldemort left in him but I'm not sure..

trying to remember now, is it not Harry seeing himself when he was a baby being made made a horcrux by accident? something along those lines

No I don't think so, Harry asks Dumbledore what it is and he responds "It's something that's beyond our help now". Harry is terrified of it for the whole conversation.

well yeah, part of voldemort goes into harry when he is made a horcrux. So either a) when that part is knocked out it looks like a dying baby cos that's what harry was when or b) it looks like a dying baby because it's the final pathetic bit of voldemort's life being killed off.

hmm, i'll go back and give it a look and see if I can't make sense of it. I think you might have been correct from the start though

*****worst kind of nerd bumppppppppppppp*********

It would be nice if this new film was going to be any good

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

it will of course be awful. So far I've liked 1 film, thought 2 were ok, and thought the remainder were rubbish.

I'm looking forward to it but I really hope it's better than Half Blood Prince. I haven't actually liked any of them since Prisioner of Azkaban, most of them just seem like dashing off the plot points..

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back