Splintercell: Chaos Theory (1 Viewer)

avernus

anyone played it? I have to get it soon. replayed Pandora Tomorrow yesterday. such an amazing game. its like Batman crossed with 24. its also surprisingly funny to punch or shoot a good guy so you can hear President Palmer shout "GOD DAMMIT FISHER!!!"

so anyone got the new one?

oh shit said:
aren't these games horrible repetitive and linear?

yeah the first one is very linear, but not horrible. it was difficult as hell. the latest one though is more open with how you complete a mission - none of the "fuck sake fisher, the mission's over!!" when you sound an alarm or kill an innocent. it's definitely the best one so far, although possibly the easiest - but that might be down to being able to save at any point in your game.

i'm on the level where you go into the korean missile bunker. finished the first one in 2003, it was ok. it's just really... meh.
distract guard, kill guard, hide guard's body, go through the only door available to go through, cue important plot point, distract guard, kill guard, repeat......

oh shit said:
i'm on the level where you go into the korean missile bunker. finished the first one in 2003, it was ok. it's just really... meh.
distract guard, kill guard, hide guard's body, go through the only door available to go through, cue important plot point, distract guard, kill guard, repeat......

yeah I know, but at the same time most games have an element of linear narrative to them. chaos theory does have several routes and ways into buildings etc. and you dont have to kill/knock out any guards really - but that's most of the fun for me.

finished this last night, might go see if they'll give me my money back - 'crashed a coupla times' (it did, when i was usin too many mad skillz at once)

but it did get a lot better towards the end.

oh shit said:
finished this last night, might go see if they'll give me my money back - 'crashed a coupla times' (it did, when i was usin too many mad skillz at once)

but it did get a lot better towards the end.

ya I got to the point where you gotta kill the main bad dude and foolishly quick saved at a bad point, so now everytime I load it I die in 2 seconds because I'm inexplicably surrounded by 5 guys. looks like I'll have to start that level over. are you playing it on playstation? no crashes for me - on xbox.

yeah PS2
thought the ending was too easy, blew the server from the shadows, took out the shotgun, walked up about a meter from the first goon and blew his head off, then had a wild shoot out with a few others cos i'd a ton of ammo.

all done. fucking loved it. feel like Bruce Willis now. if only life was as satisfying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back