Spielberg vs. John Carpenter - who's th e daddy (1 Viewer)

Originally posted by snowt
2) The Ambiguity/Irony that I was referring to Pete, is that I am not actually a racist yet I am using racist material to offend you and get an angry reaction out of you - do you see the double meaning there?
[/B]

in fairness though, this is a daft attempt to justify some seriously stupid shit. i mean if you're so clever and the rest of the thumped crew are such a bunch of wankers (something i'm not necessarily denying, myself included) then surely you don't need to resort to this shit. it's not "irony" and you'd been making your point pretty well in my book for a couple of months before this complete lapse of imagination.

Originally posted by pete
on matters such as these there's really only one vote that counts

clue: it's none of you

is it me?

This idea is becoming more and more popular and really fucking worries me. The Whole attitude seems to be if I make racist remarks BUT I don't actually mean them... suddenly they become ironic, witty and intellegent comments... "you see I'm saying I hate such and such a group but REALLY I'm taking the piss out of people who hate such and such a group...see?! see what I'm doing, see how clever I am, amn't I like Chris Morris...am'nt I!!"

Its really worrying, and then if anybody objects to it the joke is again on them... "oh you are so silly, I was being Ironic, you people who object are so silly, how could I be serious it was ironic... YOU are the racists for not seeing how clever and witty I was being when I made the racist remarks! I am so like Chris Morris, its great!!"

It really worries me...

oh and Snowt in fairness if Pete wants to ban a person who puts KKK banners on a message board he pays for himself... its hardly censorship.. he's hardly being unreasonable

maybe he's being "Ironic"...get it??

oh and P.S. your a fucking muppet

xxx

P247

Originally posted by Giveamanakick
Snowt,
I find some of your posts amusing, the same way I find some of Hector Greys posts amusing.
But your infatuation with Chris Morris results in your posts being nothing but Chris Morris-lite, ie; annoying rather than provocational.
I'm interested in your Bilderberg Group stance though. Know anything else about these enigmatic boyos?

THE BILDERBURG GROUP - Who the fuck are they?

CHRIS MORRIS - He's funny and I like his shows but I don't feel I am imitating him at all.

Originally posted by Pantone247

is it me?

This idea is becoming more and more popular and really fucking worries me. The Whole attitude seems to be if I make racist remarks BUT I don't actually mean them... suddenly they become ironic, witty and intellegent comments... "you see I'm saying I hate such and such a group but REALLY I'm taking the piss out of people who hate such and such a group...see?! see what I'm doing, see how clever I am, amn't I like Chris Morris...am'nt I!!"

Its really worrying, and then if anybody objects to it the joke is again on them... "oh you are so silly, I was being Ironic, you people who object are so silly, how could I be serious it was ironic... YOU are the racists for not seeing how clever and witty I was being when I made the racist remarks! I am so like Chris Morris, its great!!"

It really worries me...

oh and Snowt in fairness if Pete wants to ban a person who puts KKK banners on a message board he pays for himself... its hardly censorship.. he's hardly being unreasonable

maybe he's being "Ironic"...get it??

oh and P.S. your a fucking muppet

xxx

P247

I'd just like to point out that I was not trying to make a statement about racism and I don't know how or where this Chris Morris thing started but I'll let it slide. What I was trying to do was offend you and to be fair, I think I pretty much succeeded in that, don't you think.

Originally posted by quackster

in fairness though, this is a daft attempt to justify some seriously stupid shit. i mean if you're so clever and the rest of the thumped crew are such a bunch of wankers (something i'm not necessarily denying, myself included) then surely you don't need to resort to this shit. it's not "irony" and you'd been making your point pretty well in my book for a couple of months before this complete lapse of imagination.

You're right I don't NEED to resort to this, but I really enjoy it.

Originally posted by lorcanzo
sir? REAL!

how would you describe you style then snowt? who would you be influenced by?

I'm not creating art here, I'm engaging in the timeless art of the pisstake, I don't think influences enter into it one bit.

I'd just like to point out that I was not trying to make a statement about racism and I don't know how or where this Chris Morris thing started but I'll let it slide. What I was trying to do was offend you and to be fair, I think I pretty much succeeded in that, don't you think.

no

I'm not offended, I'm pretty disgusted at your ignorence and stupidity but I'm certainly not offended

I'm not creating art here, I'm engaging in the timeless art of the pisstake, I don't think influences enter into it one bit.

so you thought of posting KKK banners up all by yourself.. you must be so so proud

snowt all this ammounts to no more then the equivelent of Freddie Starr gossemarching round in a "joke" hitler uniform, ...its very ignorent and not very funny and doesn't suggest you have anything even approaching an average level of IQ

Originally posted by Pantone247

so you thought of posting KKK banners up all by yourself.. you must be so so proud

snowt all this ammounts to no more then the equivelent of Freddie Starr gossemarching round in a "joke" hitler uniform, ...its very ignorent and not very funny and doesn't suggest you have anything even approaching an average level of IQ

Yeah, you're sound Pantone, you're one of the real
cool kids.

Originally posted by Monkey
Why spend so much of your time slagging people you've never met on the internet?

1) Because it's so easy.
2) Because it's so much fun.

And just as a footnote, I do actually know some of these people so I'm not as sad and/or moronic as you'd like to think.

1) Because it's so easy.
2) Because it's so much fun.

And just as a footnote, I do actually know some of these people so I'm not as sad and/or moronic as you'd like to think.

Is it really that much fun? Have you been strapped to a chair in the dark all your life?

I really gotta stop responding to you. It's like watching a painting of fish being shot in a barrell dry.

Snowt. I'm a nice guy. Really. Hopefully this will help get you back on the straight and narrow:

Kayfabe - (noun)
Simply put, kayfabe is the act of acting. When a wrestler "breaks kayfabe," he is no longer playing the character that he is in the wrestling world, rather he is just acting like himself. In the old days there was an unwritten rule that, in order to prevent wrestling from being exposed as a work, wrestlers were never to break kayfabe when they were in the presence of wrestling fans. Today that rule has largely gone out the window, as wrestlers often break kayfabe when being interviewed on talk shows or on the internet. It has even got to the point where wrestlers occasionally break kayfabe on their own shows in order to appeal to the "smart" fans, something that wouldn’t even be considered as recently as five years ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back