Spielberg vs. John Carpenter - who's th e daddy (2 Viewers)

Originally posted by snowt

Point the Second - Vinnie, could you be so kind as to point out the grammatical errors that you saw in my post that lead you to believe that English was not my first language, because I do believe that there were no mistakes.

Thanking you in advance.

It's not so much that there were grammatical errors rather the childlike sentence construction. And you're a shocking twat to boot. So defiant and yet so utterly puerile.

Racism is a very real and a very discusting blight on Irish society right now...
I am in Galway often these days, and if I ever see enyone logged on to Thumped in the Talk Shop, Quey st. A tap on the sholder is in order...

Point the Second - Vinnie, could you be so kind as to point out the grammatical errors that you saw in my post that lead you to believe that English was not my first language, because I do believe that there were no mistakes.

1. The above sentence is a question - you have neglected to end it with a question mark.
2. "the grammatical errors that you saw in my post that lead you to believe" - your "that"s should be "which"s.
3. "because I do believe that there were no mistakes" - possibly acceptable as a colloquial phrasing, but could be rendered in far simpler and more elegant fashion with the removal of the unnecessary "do" and "that".

you can't even understand simple notions such as Ambiguity or Irony

Well now I have to say I'm curious about something - where exactly was the ambiguity or irony in what you posted?

And while you're at it maybe you could explain something else... I think it's pretty clear by now that there are more usernames being used by the gmit gang than there are actual users, so is it just coincidence that snowt always gets the second rate material?

I mean, whatever about the content of their posts, slurms & morgen seem to do that thing they do with just a little bit more style and flair than the "your ma" level of snowts stuff.

Because i don't think he/they are actual racists - idiot(s), yes. racists no.

And if i start banning people for being idiots sure there'll be nobody left.

Still though Pete, when I occasionally log onto thumped in the connect centre on parnell st and there is Nazi, Klan and white pride shit up on the screen etc...

Parnell st, now being the African st, it's a little ... you know

put it to a vote, the pricks should have been rid of long ago... First they were anoying, now they are just discusting

a vote is well and good but do u have a way of banning them?
i don't need to know the specifics it's just that the only other way i can see is if you keep disabling every account they set up,which would be quite tedious for ya.

this is going to be the greatest landslide since......erm....big brother 2..

1) I stand corrected about the grammatical issue, I guess that shows how little a C in Leaving Cert English is actually worth.

2) The Ambiguity/Irony that I was referring to Pete, is that I am not actually a racist yet I am using racist material to offend you and get an angry reaction out of you - do you see the double meaning there?

3) It's been a long time since I made any
'Your Ma' style jokes here, although I do find that they have more of an intelligence to them than you think - I do believe I've never had sex with any of your Ma's (Unless anyone here has a Ma in her early twenties), yet when I say I have, it really irritates some of you - Can you see the intelligence at work there - It's puerile and yet so very effective.

4) Finally, I'd just like to point out the absolute hyprocisy of blocking the GMIT server, that way it isn't censorship and you're not the bad guys - Oh, how utterly safe and comfortable.

Bye For Now.

Snowt,
I find some of your posts amusing, the same way I find some of Hector Greys posts amusing.
But your infatuation with Chris Morris results in your posts being nothing but Chris Morris-lite, ie; annoying rather than provocational.
I'm interested in your Bilderberg Group stance though. Know anything else about these enigmatic boyos?

1) I stand corrected about the grammatical issue, I guess that shows how little a C in Leaving Cert English is actually worth.

2) The Ambiguity/Irony that I was referring to Pete, is that I am not actually a racist yet I am using racist material to offend you and get an angry reaction out of you - do you see the double meaning there?

3) It's been a long time since I made any
'Your Ma' style jokes here, although I do find that they have more of an intelligence to them than you think - I do believe I've never had sex with any of your Ma's (Unless anyone here has a Ma in her early twenties), yet when I say I have, it really irritates some of you - Can you see the intelligence at work there - It's puerile and yet so very effective.

4) Finally, I'd just like to point out the absolute hyprocisy of blocking the GMIT server, that way it isn't censorship and you're not the bad guys - Oh, how utterly safe and comfortable.

Bye For Now.

Re: point 2 - that's not ambiguous, and it's not ironic. It's just stupid and childish. And it takes a lot more than that to get me angry.

Re: point 3 - "Can you see the intelligence at work there". No; see previous point.

Re: point 4 - i'm not sure I get the point you're trying to make here, but GMIT was blocked for less than 24 hours to point out the ease with which it could be done if i chose to. As it happens I've no intention of blocking it permanently. In fact, I got an email on friday from a GMIT student asking me not to and apologising for your idiocy.

Now THAT I found funny.

Originally posted by nine
a vote is well and good but do u have a way of banning them?
i don't need to know the specifics it's just that the only other way i can see is if you keep disabling every account they set up,which would be quite tedious for ya.

this is going to be the greatest landslide since......erm....big brother 2..

you won't have my vote

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back