Spacemen 3 or Loop? (1 Viewer)

Jerry Twig

Supporter
Solutions
Oh ye of that age and persuasion, enough talk of Cureheads and Megadeth. Who wins between Spacemen 3 and Loop? And save your cries of apples and oranges. And if you like, what was the best UK album of the late 80's, because I defy any loose lipped mortal to say that it didn't come from either of these.

I was always stoned back then.Can't remember much about it now.

Spacemen 3 without any doubt. "Sound of Confusion" is one of my favourite ever albums - i've listened to it as much as any other album over the years. Loop were brilliant as well as though.

I have enjoyed both Loop and Spacemen 3 records over the years but was always a little perplexed of the attention given to the latter mob. Take the two albums that came out in the same period c 1989 / 1990 - Playing With Fire vs A Gilded Eternity. Watch that battle to see Loop’s muscle and weight win out. Fade Out was unfairly criticised by the NME at the time and a quick listen to the remaster confirms that they got it badly wrong.

Loop were better live too.

their kind of different in retrospect though arent they. although in the battle of best 2 chord dirge of 1988, collision beats revolution hands down in my estimation.

loop were deadly live. mc gonagles 1990. supported by therapy.

loop were deadly live. mc gonagles 1990. supported by therapy.

some serious moshing and general rough behaviour at that gig.

covered in sweat afterwards, then outside into the cold.

spaceball.gif

spaceball.gif

Just listened to Loop for probably the first time there they're great. which album should i Buy? and how did I not hear them til now? did they sell their publishing rights to a shady cunt who buried their back cat under his mothers corpse or something? or am i just a cunt?

No, no, no, no, no.

This is really a nested question:-

Spectrum vs. Spirtualised

vs.

Main vs. The Hair And Skin Trading Company

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back