Spaceman 3 ??!!? (1 Viewer)

Shnake

the answer to that question is 125

hey mister pantone, check your letter bocks
I sent a mail to you, baby

Pantone247 said:
what a snakey ploy to get my attention...

Anyhow, whats everyones favourite Spaceman 3 album?

My favourite is Recurring, especially the first side
ahhhhhh
i was trying to remember the name of that bloody record last night

I think playing with fire is mine

I've only got the one. It's Translucent something or other. There's a pretty decent tune on it called Rollercoaster.

Has anyone got much of Sonic Boom's stuff? Like EAR, Spectrum etc. I've only got one EAR track at home. Would like to hear more.

I'd really like to know what these sound like. They're smashing covers:

sb-mechanicalman.gif

sb-earhydro.gif

ah the frank kozik.

billygannon said:
I've only got the one. It's Translucent something or other. There's a pretty decent tune on it called Rollercoaster.

Has anyone got much of Sonic Boom's stuff? Like EAR, Spectrum etc. I've only got one EAR track at home. Would like to hear more.

sb-mechanicalman.gif

sb-earhydro.gif

billygannon said:

sb-mechanicalman.gif

sb-earhydro.gif

Translucent Radiation is a collection of b-sides, left my pretty underwhelemed really. There is better stuff to be had my dear Billions. Playing with Fire being a good starting place.

It's neigh impossible to find anything by Sonic Boom in this town. I have a live album of him during his Speak n' Spell circut bending era... it's pretty unlistenable really...

I saw EAR once, supporting Pavement on the crooked rain tour, Sonic Boom and Kevin Shields and other various people. It was fucking shit.

'How you satisfy me' by spectrum is one of my all time favourite songs of all time. And he was on the last Warlocks album too, which me and pantone love and everyone else in the world hates.

Perfect prescription is my favourite I think.

billygannon said:

sb-mechanicalman.gif

sb-earhydro.gif

Ah... cool. Thanks guys. EAR were on the same label as Pavement back then.
Spectrum have/has done stuff with Stereolab and Silver Apples. Could be worth checking out.

That Kozik album cover is my favourite. Guess I'll try and get it direct or something.

(frank) kozik is the name of the artist...it doesn't look like a cover to me, just one of his many "write my own name" posters
the first mans ruin book is pretty cool - it covers the early posters he did

my fave is the dinosaur jr one with the ainme school girl in panties with a smilie face on them. or the killdozer one with the big ass bear.

andrew

M.BISON said:
(frank) kozik is the name of the artist...

there was an interview with him in one o' them punk planet mags a while ago, he was going on about how quarkxpress killed graphic design or something. i remember it being pretty good.

he charged the offspring 70g's for their americana cover.......and it was just a rehash of a really old poster anyway
funny.

andrew

Robbie Analog said:
I saw EAR once, supporting Pavement on the crooked rain tour, Sonic Boom and Kevin Shields and other various people. It was fucking shit.

'How you satisfy me' by spectrum is one of my all time favourite songs of all time. And he was on the last Warlocks album too, which me and pantone love and everyone else in the world hates.

Perfect prescription is my favourite I think.

I was listening to the Warlocks a few days ago, so so good... my only regret, one of the biggest regrets of my life, is that we hadn't smoked a big hunk of grass before that gig.

Next time, Fiachra, next time.

We should actually do this next Tuesday and go see Nebula, but I'm super skint so I can't.

Pantone247 said:
I was listening to the Warlocks a few days ago, so so good... my only regret, one of the biggest regrets of my life, is that we hadn't smoked a big hunk of grass before that gig.

Pantone247 said:
Translucent Radiation is a collection of b-sides, left my pretty underwhelemed really. There is better stuff to be had my dear Billions. Playing with Fire being a good starting place.

It's neigh impossible to find anything by Sonic Boom in this town. I have a live album of him during his Speak n' Spell circut bending era... it's pretty unlistenable really...
hey pants you never did make me that spaceman3 comp did ya??

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back