Soundgarden in The O2 2013 (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter HMD
  • Start date
  • Replies 41
  • Views 5K
  • Watchers 8

Would you go see them after the travesty in the RDS in 1995

• Total voters
I had a great time at this even though Cornell kept his shirt on.

Incessant Mace
Hunted Down
Ty Cobb
Flower
Outshined
Spoonman
My Wave
Been Away Too Long
The Day I Tried to Live
Mailman
Limo Wreck
Ugly Truth
Non-State Actor
Burden in My Hand
A Thousand Days Before
Fell on Black Days
Blow Up the Outside World
Superunknown
Encore:
Rusty Cage
Like Suicide
Beyond the Wheel

You didn't miss much. The set was a decent mix but the sound was crap and they were very sloppy for the first 45 - 50 mins. They finally got it together for the last 20 mins.
They went off for an encore and when they came back the sound was even worse. I didn't even recognise Rusty cage (first of encore) until he started singing.

Cornell's vocals on the slower stuff were terrible for most of the gig. Completely out of key.

Thought everything from Superunknown and before was class, everything else less so...had forgotten how groovy and dirty early Soundgarden was, good to see Matt Cameron hammering some heavy stuff too...Cornell's vocals warmed up as it went on...enjoyed it...no Black Hole Sun either though...

It was fine. I think the set opening was a bit indulgent, and I like UltraMega OK. I doubt they were aware of what day it was (or where they were given Chris's "this is one of our favourite places to play" comment). Most of the people there had work in the morning so I think they should have opened with a few crowd pleasers to juice people up. As it was it was only really when they played Outshined that the crowd kind of lurched into life. The sound was as Ok, not as bad as some are saying, but I've heard much worse.

Limo Wreck was fantastic though. As was Mailman and Ty Cobb.

At one point during Ugly Truth (which was deadly) me and @old thought they were going to launch into Searching With My Good Eye Closed. Didn't though. Poo!

Matt Cameron's playing is great with Soundgarden, I still don't think he's right guy for Pearl Jam. Dave Abbruzzese was the perfect drummer for PJ.

Saw some footage of them from Download on tv last night.

I've never seen footage of them that makes me wish I'd gone to see them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back