• Thread starter HMD
  • Start date
  • Replies 41
  • Views 5K
  • Watchers 8

Would you go see them after the travesty in the RDS in 1995

• Total voters
Was the RDS gig that bad?

Badmotorfinger though. They don't make them like that any more.

It was meself and @thescientician's first gig.

we didn't know each other

i thought it was pretty amazing at the time

i was 15 or so and hammered and getting the shift though

they did an hour long live thing on tele not so long ago, they've actually learned the songs now.

Way to take the wind out of the sails of my post. Yep my first gig. My ears ached for weeks. I was 13, didn't drink, didn't get the shift ( I never got the shift :( ). I liked them but I remember White Zombie kicking ass the most. I also remember it being really sunny and very drunk people with long hair sitting on the side of the road. Oh yeah and Windows 95 had just been launched there were some ads for some launch event all over South Dublin. Heady days. Saw Foo Fighters and the Cardigans in the SFX a while later, and RHCP in the Point. Never did manage to get an Oasis ticket though. :(

I remember in the RDS, the into and Searching With My Good I Closed were great, but what followed was pretty phoned in. No interaction, and the sound was as poor as it always was in the Simmoncourt Pavillion. I was still happy to see them, but when they ended the gig with that extended I Want You (She's So Heavy) outro I was just annoyed. They'd cancelled Sunstroke the previous year, and then they spend a 5th of the gig doing a Beatles riff repeatedly.

That being said, I'm going to enjoy any band that has Matt Cameron playing the drums. And I like the new album. It's more Down And The Upside and Louder Then Love then Badmotorfinger or Superunknown, but thats fine with me. No money for a ticket right now, but I'd say I'll go.

If they did 'Fell On Black Days' and some of the older, heavier stuff it could be a good show. Twould depend on the price.

I always thought the bad live rep they had was due to the copious amounts of booze and drugs they were doing back then especially Cornell. Surely that should not be an issue these days. Cool support band announced yesterday too in the form of Graveyard, that must be a first for a big international band being put on by mcd.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back