Soulseek (1 Viewer)

brianoak

What does it mean when the text is red as opposed to blue?
Also if anyone wants to give me their usernames that would be sound.

it means you can't download them - i think anyways. blue means go ahead, grey means join the queue, if the queue number is over say 50, don'tbother, you'll be waiting ages.

been wondering lately about the possibility of being busted. is this realistic, or am i panicing in the face of all the brow-beating by megaglobal-record company propaganda?

user names, anychance?

I'll swap you tasteful nudey pics of brian all hot and sweaty at practise.

hot wet bass action attack!
:cool:

love jones said:
user names, anychance?

I'll swap you tasteful nudey pics of brian all hot and sweaty at practise.

hot wet bass action attack!
:cool:

Whats yours?

John D'oh said:
it means you can't download them - i think anyways. blue means go ahead, grey means join the queue, if the queue number is over say 50, don'tbother, you'll be waiting ages.

been wondering lately about the possibility of being busted. is this realistic, or am i panicing in the face of all the brow-beating by megaglobal-record company propaganda?

the pricks are hunting down a few more. im Shaney but wont be on for a coupla days as im changin me harddrive and i need a new cable. of course i dont share anything illegal anyway.

have any of the bands here found theyre stuff being shared? ive found a good bit of music by some bands im in being shared, i reckon its a good sign!

Miss Piggy said:
the pricks are hunting down a few more. im Shaney but wont be on for a coupla days as im changin me harddrive and i need a new cable. of course i dont share anything illegal anyway.

have any of the bands here found theyre stuff being shared? ive found a good bit of music by some bands im in being shared, i reckon its a good sign!

I found some Serpents stuff a while back.

Digital-Rights Article said:
Counsel went on to outline the evidence gathered by MediaSentry- 29 of the 49 users had files whose copyright was owned by Warner Music downloaded by Media Sentry. All of those being sought had files listed in their shared drives from Warner Music. 15 people had files whose copyright was owned by Universal music downloaded. All 49 had files listed in their shared drives from Universal music. 29 of the 49 users had files downloaded whose copyright was owned by Sony Music and all of them had files listed in their shared folder from Sony Music.

are they only going after those who are "sharing".....?

John D'oh said:

I think they are after people who share alot of stuff off there computer.
so if you get alot of people uploading from you you might be in trouble.
does anyone know if they even look at soulseek. its diffrent to limewire.

they can find out who you are but its a serious pain for them so i would imagine they will go after the people who upload the most.

and you more likely have something to fear if you are sharing lots of jizloppi, madonna and james blunt records

me thinks anal c*nt sharers have nothing to worry about

tripoli said:
are they only going after those who are "sharing".....?

All the legal action I've read about was against "uploaders", ie those who provide files for others to download. There is a logistic reason for this I believe as opposed to legal. It is simply easier to gather evidence on serial uploaders of copyrighted material than downloaders and to latterly secure a conviction if needed. I think also, the record companies' and their advocates' thinking is that getting rid of a few downloaders is less effective than getting rid of major suppliers of tracks for download.

brian.html said:
What does it mean when the text is red as opposed to blue?
Also if anyone wants to give me their usernames that would be sound.

red text means the person has just gone off line. pretty sure my username there, is the same as here. must post up more albums soon.

Jaysus I hate using P2P software, you can never get what you want. It actually takes less time to earn the money and search out an album second hand. Constant dead linking and queing.

as far as i know red in your queue list means the files are no longer shared or you've been rejected by the user from downloading them.

username: gokgok (won't be online until the weekend)

HMD said:
as far as i know red in your queue list means the files are no longer shared or you've been rejected by the user from downloading them.

username: gokgok (won't be online until the weekend)

nah, just means they're offline at the moment.. if they're not shared it wiil say remote:extension not allowed or summat

red on a search means user is offline or files do not exist. greyed out means you cannot download (not sharing or queue full), black you can download!

spiritualtramp said:
That is in a search though.

Different if it is in your queue.

Yeah your right on that one, red means it has been cancelled or failed. If the file doesnt exist you usually get balck with File not found

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back