Sonic Youth stolen gear returned after 6 years (1 Viewer)

bonkers, I remember reading the news of that theft in school.

great news n all, but the best bit in that Pitchfork article for me is discovering there's a band with members of Liars and Young People in it, can't wait to hear that.

Miss Piggy said:
yeah its ok, im sick of it though and that kinda guitar playing they seem to do on every song these days. wildflower soul is cooler for that sort of thing.

Yeah I guess I know what you mean, it will be nice knowing that there's the potential for them to pull any one of the oldies out of the bag. Man! Can you imagine if they were asked to do one of the Summer 2006 ATP Don't look back gigs?! Sister, Daydream Nation or Evol in glorious entirety? Ohhhhh boyyyyyyy...... dribble.....drool...

Christ that was six years ago??!!!
fuggin hell...
Still, deadly to see a re-release of Psychic Hearts is on the cards... best album ever

...Just that there's no lack of bass on the regular albums. AFAIK Jim played bass on Murray st. ATL etc.. and certainly brought something different to the role.

chickenham said:
...Just that there's no lack of bass on the regular albums. AFAIK Jim played bass on Murray st. ATL etc.. and certainly brought something different to the role.

jim didnt really get stuck in til murray st. he may have done some lap toppy stuff on nycg&f and syrs 3,4 & 5 but he wasnt on atl at all. theres a little bit of bass on ATL and WM but mostly kim was playing guitar by then.

he played guitar a lot too on the last 2...

thats deadly news cos i remember lookin at all the gear theyd stolen and there was mad shit like a travis bean like matty bolgers and stuff.
i also heard that the dude who stole it couldnt do shit with it cos it was all so customized or scratched to bits that it was easily i.d'd as SY's.

so who's got waiting room's gear eh??
fess up..

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back