Songs that you forgot you loved... (1 Viewer)

I didn't forget that I loved it but since Jandek apparently actually played one of his old songs at his gig tonight and it was one of my joint favorite ever songs I think it deserves a mention
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

So he can't sing, but the vocals on that are the best thing ever, let alone the lyrics...

Would love to know if it was about someone specific.

Love the master thief line... it almost softens the bile and frustration

deadly.
I forgot all about this song til tonight. Dave, the drummer, Played with Sparks and DEVO after this.

Best video ever. Rush with Aimee Mann.

I was watching that Blondie docu last night that was on BBC4 recently and was struck down by how absolutely perfect Picture This is.
It's an astonishingly good song.

hahahaha

I absolutely and utterly despise that song. I think it might be the dullest thing in their entire catalogue.

But I know lots of people who love it like you do. I wonder if there's a musical link there to my allergic reaction to all Steely Dan?

hahahaha

I absolutely and utterly despise that song. I think it might be the dullest thing in their entire catalogue.

But I know lots of people who love it like you do. I wonder if there's a musical link there to my allergic reaction to all Steely Dan?

Don't be daft, it's way better than something like One Way or Another or Call Me.
It's not a million miles away from certain Steely Dan songs, now you say it. It has a certain "New York" feel to it, I guess and some melodic and musical similarities.

(Does that make me sound like a wanker? It does, doesn't it?)

Don't be daft, it's way better than something like One Way or Another or Call Me.
It's not a million miles away from certain Steely Dan songs, now you say it. It has a certain "New York" feel to it, I guess and some melodic and musical similarities.

(Does that make me sound like a wanker? It does, doesn't it?)

I'm only guessing here, I've always found it bizarre that I had such an aversion to a song that other people love by them.

You sound grand, sure I started it.

'One Way Or Another' is a great tune, 'Call Me' is a bit disco. 'Picture This' is indeed great.

Just for the record, I love both of those songs, but am absolutely fascinated with Picture This.

"You've got damp on your lids and you'd be on the skids if weren't for your job at the garage if you could only oh woah oh..." - impeccable vocals, melody, musicianship.....I love the way it ends on a minor chord too. Amazing tune.

And if I was to compare it to a Steely Dan tune....the intro isn't a million miles away from Brooklyn Owes the Charmer Over Me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back