Solar PV (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter egg_
  • Start date
  • Replies 266
  • Views 8K
  • Watchers 1
for years i used to google the € sign and copy and paste it into texts.
I was using capital E for a while

Then I found Alt+0128 which I remember cos the Modern Lovers Roadrunner has 128 in it

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I realise this is slightly off topic

Ctrl, alt and 4. At least on windows on 'puter.

I have strong feelings about people not knowing/not bothered about knowing how to do a €. Especially people like bank managers, they can't even capably type their own job description. And its been over twenty years since the weird e first appeared.

I have strong feelings about people not knowing/not bothered about knowing how to do a €.
I know how to do it on a real keyboard, and I did ask the internet, but I just get either ™ or 2. @ @ €€€€€!!! fn + alt + 2!!

I know how to do it on a real keyboard, and I did ask the internet, but I just get either ™ or 2. @ @ €€€€€!!! fn + alt + 2!!
Oh I don't mean you. If you don't know you don't know and try to find out, or copy and paste it off the webz, I do mostly mean people who don't care or don't think it matters when it really does, i.e. bank managers.

Re home battery. Are you selling your excess electricity back to the grid?
We sell at .21c per K/wt and the cheap night rate is .13k/wt.
So it works out cheaper to use the night boost than it would be to used battery saved power saved during the day.
We've also realised that we can get away with just charging the car for the cheaper rate between 2 and 4am.

oh also update: remember that thread where I talked about the night rate timing being fucked up by the clocks changing. Well, they corrected it eventually.

So it works out cheaper to use the night boost than it would be to used battery saved power saved during the day.
We've also realised that we can get away with just charging the car for the cheaper rate between 2 and 4am.

oh also update: remember that thread where I talked about the night rate timing being fucked up by the clocks changing. Well, they corrected it eventually.

I meant to get back on that too, it was a fault with the Electric Ireland app rather than the meters. I know someone.

Oh! Who are you with? I looked at smart rates my current provider was offering and night wasn't very much cheaper than day. I don't really have anything to spend electricity on at night - no car to charge. Mostly I just feel very possessive of my electricity that I personally made and I don't want to share it with the grid if I can hoard it all to myself.

We seem to be saving a decent amount now we’re on the smart meter rates. We just charge the car and run the washing machine & dishwasher between 2am-4am. Plan will be to fill the battery overnight too.

Electric Ireland night boost:

1685560200553.png

on a couple of occasions, in a bid to seem like the cool uncle, or 'cool friend of your parents', i've been known to opine to much younger people 'don't grow old, it gets very boring, you get too interested in things like the price of home heating oil'.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back