social acceptability query (1 Viewer)

yeah some fucker kept pushing his seat back on me on a tiny flightline plane coming back from italy. I'm a lanky swine at 5ft 10 so i jammed my knees right into the offending passengers spine through the seat till they put the seat into the correct position..pricks

I didn't have any choice as his head was now just inches from my chest and it was either that or hold the book hovering over his face, which seemed like it would be worse somehow. If I hadn't been in an aisle seat I'd have looked out the window instead.

But yeah, the stewards thought it was funny too... and as for the coffee. Karma is rarely so swift!

I was on a plane, and there was this smell of death that was wafting about. So, I was looking all over the shop, with a sort of panicked I might die feeling, and then I saw this (relatively cute) young one, with her shoes off.
So I did some walking around to try and establish a smell radius, and sure enough, it was centered around her. And her feet were under my seat. And when she shifted about, the wafts would be rolling in, visible almost, like something off Pepe le Piu.

I swiveled around, and told her to put her shoes on, and she's all disgusted and flustered, and demands reasons.
So, I gave her reasons. They smelled like dead rotting animals.
She sticks them back in to her shoes, and the smell drifts off.

Then... THEN, she thinks she will pull a fast one, and takes them back off 20 minutes later or something.

I am about to puke now, the smells have been building, whip around, tell her to put them the fuck back in her shoes, right fucking now, and she gets all morto with redners and things, and pulls them on.

I am the law.

I don't have particularly long legs but I still find it uncomfortable when people recoline on flights. So I do the normal thing and kick and squirm and remove and put back my big bottle of water in the pouch on the back of their seat and sometimes have been known to kick.

yeah some fucker kept pushing his seat back on me on a tiny flightline plane coming back from italy. I'm a lanky swine at 5ft 10 so i jammed my knees right into the offending passengers spine through the seat till they put the seat into the correct position..pricks

It's usually tiny midgets who do this reclining crack too. Anyone reclining in front of me gets the knees every time.

I don't have particularly long legs but I still find it uncomfortable when people recoline on flights. So I do the normal thing and kick and squirm and remove and put back my big bottle of water in the pouch on the back of their seat and sometimes have been known to kick.

ditto.

i was on a plane on sunday and the woman in front of me not only reclined her seat back until it walloped into my knees, but then sort of braced herself with her arm against the window when she met resistance (viz: my legs) so she could shove herself back even further. tragically, no amount of squirming on my part made her move it back up again. it is bad enough being on a plane for twelve hours without having to do it with your knees around your ears.

ditto.

i was on a plane on sunday and the woman in front of me not only reclined her seat back until it walloped into my knees, but then sort of braced herself with her arm against the window when she met resistance (viz: my legs) so she could shove herself back even further. tragically, no amount of squirming on my part made her move it back up again. it is bad enough being on a plane for twelve hours without having to do it with your knees around your ears.

What a BITCH! In a case like that I may have actually just cut to the chase and asked her to move the seat back up. Though I almost always prefer the passive aggressive route.

Simple solution:

Just ask them nicely to adjust their seat.

If they don't, ask a hostess to intervene.

If you're still having no joy, wait until the plane lands and as you are exiting the aircraft, kick them down the stairs.

Simple solution:

Just ask them nicely to adjust their seat.

If they don't, ask a hostess to intervene.

If you're still having no joy, wait until the plane lands and as you are exiting the aircraft, kick them down the stairs.

these grumps dont want to hear it, johnnyc. they'd rather grumble and kick and moan for the journey

In fairness airports bring out the worst in people. While we were about to go through security last week, one of us handed over the wrong printout thingy and had to look for the right one. Simple mistake - it was 5am and we were zombies. This meant holding up the queue for about six seconds.

Still, six seconds was still enough time for grumpy woman behind me to say quite loudly..."C'mon... for fuck sake!" It's amazing how quickly you can stop someone complaining when you turn around in a queue and look them square in the face from a distance of about half a foot.

What a BITCH! In a case like that I may have actually just cut to the chase and asked her to move the seat back up. Though I almost always prefer the passive aggressive route.

i should have really in this case, and probably would have if she didn't also have headphones on, requiring me to actually poke her to get her attention. gah, i am such a wimp.

myself and mr. minka (who is over six feet tall with very long legs) were once on a plane and the man in front of mr m. not only reclined himself fully the second he was on the plane but then complained to the air steward that mr. m's knees were digging into him and "they shouldn't have people like that seated behind normal people". the air steward offered to move the grumpy man but he said no, it was his seat, he shouldn't have to move (he also, inexplicably, informed us all that he had asthma, as if that explained everything).

(happy ending: eventually we agreed to move and were plied with drinks by the staff for the rest of the flight.)

i should have really in this case, and probably would have if she didn't also have headphones on, requiring me to actually poke her to get her attention. gah, i am such a wimp.

myself and mr. minka (who is over six feet tall with very long legs) were once on a plane and the man in front of mr m. not only reclined himself fully the second he was on the plane but then complained to the air steward that mr. m's knees were digging into him and "they shouldn't have people like that seated behind normal people". the air steward offered to move the grumpy man but he said no, it was his seat, he shouldn't have to move (he also, inexplicably, informed us all that he had asthma, as if that explained everything).

(happy ending: eventually we agreed to move and were plied with drinks by the staff for the rest of the flight.)

BUT YOU'RE NOT NORMAL! YOU HAVE ASTHMA! YOU DISEASED FUCK!

It's amazing how quickly you can stop someone complaining when you turn around in a queue and look them square in the face from a distance of about half a foot.
Hehe
No shit. My temper is buried very very deep, but once I was working in some shithole hotel in Rhode Island, USA, and some bearded customer was shouting and banging his fist on the desk. I heard a faint ringing in my ears and a threatening voice (mine) saying "calm down" and realised I was halfway over the desk with my fists clenched and my nose an inch from his

He calmed down. After he left I had the shakes all afternoon from the adrenaline

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back