Sociable Cooking (1 Viewer)

secondedededed.

food, company and even that mulled wine shite = great night.

nlgbbblthththththt i didnt know that was you in the international, if i had known i would have asked you to show me pictures of your baby!!!!!!!!!!!

anyway thanks all, good fun.

Yeah great night. All the food and company was amazing.

I woke up this morning with the strongest taste of garlic in my mouth ever.

i'm pretty sure i woke up sweating pure butter...

:D

Right so I need some recipes off yas for my mum if ye don't mind.

Lala; leek, orange rind, butter and what else?

Dunchee; is the marinade you used the same as for your fake fried chicken recipe? If not what's in this one.

Thanks in advance:)

Dunchee; is the marinade you used the same as for your fake fried chicken recipe? If not what's in this one.

'tis different:

chop a load of fresh parsley, thyme, and sage and whack into a small saucepan with some water. bring to the boil and then simmer. throw in a load of crushed/finely chopped garlic, some dark soy sauce, a little oil, a good bit of nutritional yeast flakes, and about 10 squirts of veggie worcester sauce. veggie stock and veggiemite would be nice in here too but i didn't have any.

marinade the tofu over night at the very least. fry the pieces at a high heat making sure to have plenty of oil in the pan and flip them regularily so they don't burn or stick. then lash them in the oven at 150 degrees for half an hour or until they have dryed out a bit and have a bite to them.

'tis different:

chop a load of fresh parsley, thyme, and sage and whack into a small saucepan with some water. bring to the boil and then simmer. throw in a load of crushed/finely chopped garlic, some dark soy sauce, a little oil, a good bit of nutritional yeast flakes, and about 10 squirts of veggie worcester sauce. veggie stock and veggiemite would be nice in here too but i didn't have any.

marinade the tofu over night at the very least. fry the pieces at a high heat making sure to have plenty of oil in the pan and flip them regularily so they don't burn or stick. then lash them in the oven at 150 degrees for half an hour or until they have dryed out a bit and have a bite to them.

Cheers.

I woke up this morning with the strongest taste of garlic in my mouth ever.
think we all did ;)

i'm pretty sure i woke up sweating pure butter...
sorry bout that! :eek:
:D

Right so I need some recipes off yas for my mum if ye don't mind.

Lala; leek, orange rind, butter and what else?

lob a heap of butter into a pan and let it heat up. then chuck in a load of orange rind (about three oranges worth should do - we had two leeks)
bung in the chopped leeks once the rind has sauteed a bit and leave it all there, occasionally adding more butter (if you want a near heart attack like us) to soften it all up and make the leeks come apart.
when sauteed, serve.

(one of my favourite quotes from the night was when dunchee turned to me and said he could kill himself slowly with the leeks) .|..|

i forgot to add for the leeks: near the end, just throw in some coriander but not too much - you only wanna be able to taste it on your peripheral tastebuds. :p

i forgot to add for the leeks: near the end, just throw in some coriander but not too much - you only wanna be able to taste it on your peripheral tastebuds. :p

Aha I knew there was something else in there. Thanks.

lob a heap of butter into a pan and let it heat up. then chuck in a load of orange rind (about three oranges worth should do - we had two leeks)
bung in the chopped leeks once the rind has sauteed a bit and leave it all there, occasionally adding more butter (if you want a near heart attack like us) to soften it all up and make the leeks come apart.
when sauteed, serve.

(one of my favourite quotes from the night was when dunchee turned to me and said he could kill himself slowly with the leeks) .|..|

Made this for the family before I left only used two oranges though which was more than enough. They were all impressed thanks Lala.:)

Made this for the family before I left only used two oranges though which was more than enough. They were all impressed thanks Lala.:)

no worries - last night i dreamt i was eating mash and leeks. for like the whole dream. and that dream lasted what seemed like hours.

i wanna go back to sleep to be in that "happy place" again.

*growl*

(that was my tummy)

no worries - last night i dreamt i was eating mash and leeks. for like the whole dream. and that dream lasted what seemed like hours.

i wanna go back to sleep to be in that "happy place" again.

*growl*

(that was my tummy)

Sounds a tad self-obsessed:p

declan, any chance of that sauce recipe?

yummmmmmmmmmmm

well since there was about half of it left at the end of the night this should make enough for about 8 people

180g butter
180g brown sugar
2 packets of rolos
2 tbsp honey

throw butter & sugar into a saucepan for a few minutes until they've started to caramelise, then add the rolos and honey. heat for another 5-6 minutes. (remember to stir it constantly so it doesn't stick to the pan)

tried making your leeks & orange rind last week, i put in waaaaaaaaaaay too much orange rind though. gonna try again over the weekend though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back