so yr supposed to watch Fire Walk With Me after Twins Peaks season 1 or 2? (1 Viewer)

watched FWWM last night, thought it was ace, really dark, strong performances from laura and her dad. Can't believe i didn't watch this sooner, heard it shite all over the place and got bad reviews.
here's some reasons it got panned from ww.twinpeaks.org:

- anyone expecting a "regular" movie was disappointed and/or
angry

- anyone expecting a horror or "slasher" film (as the
distributor publicized it for the teen market) was
disappointed

- anyone expecting a rehash or resolution of the TV series
was disappointed

- anyone looking for the humor of the TV series was
disappointed

- anyone not very familiar with the TV series was confused

www.twinpeaks.org is a wealth of info, check out the FAQ sections for the tv show and FWWM, soooooo much stuf i didn't even think about. forgot how much weird symbolism and unexplained shit there is.

also, teresa banks, moving rapidly up my twin peaks babe rankings.

81dc268d30cf57f736252ca0c4730ce01b16c331_m.jpg

i prefer the nice nerdy donna in the movie, lara flynn boyle is an alien, and not the good kind
It's not that there was anything bad about her performance, it's more so that I had grown to like the other Donna, and I would have also thought that David Lynch would be more of a perfectionist type.
in other news, I spent tonight making a TP t-shirt.

teek.jpg

I really don't like FWWM. Was ambivalent about it first time I saw it, and then really didn't like it second time round. The series conveys the horror of the Laura situation far better than being directly and graphically shown it in the movie. The general OTTness reduces the emotional impact rather than increases it. And the gormonbozia stuff descends into nonsense a bit. The lack of Ms. Horne is also a deal-breaker.
I found FWWM worse than the worst episodes of Season 2, I hate to say. That said, I'd still love it if all these deleted scenes ever get released.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back