AND SO I WATCH YOU FROM AFAR, JOGGING & HUNTER-GATHERER, Whelan's, NYE Dec 31st (1 Viewer)

whelanslive

Whelanslive.com presents
The New Year’s Eve Party with

AND SO I WATCH YOU FROM AFAR
With very special guests JOGGING & HUNTER-GATHERER

New Year’s Eve, Fri 31st December, 7:30pm
Whelan’s, 25 Wexford St, Dublin 2

Tickets are €20 plus booking fee available now from WAV Tickets (1890 200 078), www.tickets.ie, City Discs & Ticketmaster Outlets nationwide.

Whelanslive.com are delighted to announce that AND SO I WATCH YOU FROM AFAR, Northern Ireland’s post rock giants, will he ringing in the new year in Whelan’s on Dec 31st. They’ve already packed the place during the FMC tour just pasted, evidence of their ear shattering set can be found
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
. They will be joined by Dublin post hardcore outfit JOGGING, who have been having a very successful year following the release of their debut album “Minutes” & faceless electronic wunderkind HUNTER-GATHERER who will also be capping of a wonderful 2010 with his brand of dark/atmospheric beats.

//////////////////////

Other bands talk about it, And So I Watch You From Afar do it.

Northern Ireland sensations And So I Watch You From Afar had an amazing start to their 2010, returning from this years EuroSonic Festival, courtesy of RTE 2FM, to find out they have been nominated for both Irelands Choice Music Prize and XFM New Music Album of the Year for 2009 in the UK putting them up against some of the UK and Irelands finest bands and artists, Cementing them as one of the finest in the UK and Ireland.

Along side support from BBC Radio 1, touring in 2010 has brought the band to the US and a total of 17 countries in Europe. As well as festival shows, the bands own shows, they have had time to slot in a support tour with Them Crooked Vultures! This tour had the band cross Europe again ending with a mind bending show at the Brixton Academy. The remainder of the summer will see the band have festival appearances including Lowlands, Sonisphere all the way as far as Latvia.

In 2009, ASIWYFA played a mammoth 170 gigs all over Europe. From extensive tours in the UK to opening Pukkelpop festival in Belgium in front of 4500 captivated people to Novarock festival in Austria, gigs in Germany, Czech Republic, Poland, Ukraine and Russia, this is a band that means business.

Their hometown Belfast shows are legendary from the 1,000 capacity headline Christmas homecoming gig in the Ulster Hall right down to a small secret basement party which was shut down by the police late in the night for being too insane.

Everything about ASIWYFA is gargantuan. Their critically-acclaimed, self-titled debut album released in 2009 is exhibit A. From the iron-clad riffs to the pummeling crash of the cymbals to the palpable positivity of the music, it's everything great rock (never mind just instrumental rock) music should be. Even the song which take in titles like 'Set Guitars To Kill', 'Clench Fists, Grit Teeth... GO!' and the ASIWYFA practice what you preach mantra 'Don't Waste Time Doing Things You Hate', are epic in scale.

Filled with monstrous guitars, bulging rock histrionics and genuinely breathtaking moments, And So I Watch You from Afar is easily one of the best records of 2009.

Revered music publications like The Quietus (‘quite some distance ahead of the rest of '09's guitar albums so far'), NME ('The sound of someone crashing an oil tanker through Sigur Ros' ice floe'), Kerrang! (' It's rare for a body of work to be so dreamy and elegiac yet conversely monstrously heavy') and Vice ('rescuing the instrumental ship from the deepest depths of irrevocable mediocrity') all agree.

ASIWYFA are a band that are only going to get bigger and more inspiring. The Letters EP was released January 2010 and there will be further releases throughout the year. Meanwhile, catch the band's incendiary live show at a venue near you.

www.myspace.com/andsoiwatchyoufromafar
www.facebook.com/andsoiwatchyoufromafar

//////////////////////

Jogging

Having played as side-men in a laundry list of Dublin indie luminaries (Jape, Jeff Martin, Goodtime John, Coldspoon Conspiracy, Cap Pas Cap, Guilty Optics, Crayonsmith) the 3 members of Jogging have finally stepped out in to the limelight in 2010. The band havePolvo, Crystal Antlers and Ponytail among others (including been chosen multiple times to play with The Redneck Manifesto & And So I Watch you from Afar) throughout the year. Musically, the band would not be out of place sitting among Dischord/Wahington luminaries like Fugazi, Faraquet and even early Q and Not U which is also helped by the stamp of approval by TJ Lipple (Medications, Aloha) who mastered this record in Washington, DC. Jogging are an intense, raw blend of Punk, Indie, laden with thrilling riffage, and deftly controlled aggression while maintaining a fresh, urgent and current edge. Their new record, entitled Minutes, was recorded in Kilcoole, Co. Wicklow by James Eager & Eoin Whitfield and Mastered in Washington DC by TJ Lipple.

http://jogging.bandcamp.com/
www.myspace.com/joggingband
www.facebook.com/joggingband

//////////////////////

Hunter-Gatherer

You have now entered the realm of the dark and mysterious ‘Hunter-Gatherer’.

The masked electronic wunderkind and Witch House enthusiast, conjures up a haunting athmosphere of icy yet oddly uplifting melancholia. An emotional smorgasbord of chilling chord progressions and brooding programming that has found some secret kind of third place between home listening and the dance floor.

Hunter-Gatherer’s debut album ‘I Dreamed I Was A Footstep In The Trail Of A Murderer’ was one of the most critically acclaimed Irish releases of 2009. Some quotes below;

www.myspace.com/huntergathererforever

Don't miss this tomorrow. Tickets available from Tickets.ie, Ticketmaster, Wav Tickets (from 1pm) & City Discs.

Allocations on Ticketmaster and Tickets.ie are nearly all gone so call WAV now on 1890 200 078, open until 8pm.

Hunter-Gatherer 9:00-9:40. Jogging 10:00-10:40. And So I Watch You From Afar 11:00-AFTER 12. Then DJs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back