so what is the best MP3 player ? (1 Viewer)

Do all mp3 players have volume limiting safety features like that?

European iPods come with a volume limiti setting already programmed in, something to do with those big guys in brussels not wanting us to fuck our hearing up. American & Japanese iPods don't. However, you can "fix" the european ones.

Got a Creative Zen Touch 20gig for Christmas and am very happy with it. Software isn't the best, but the version I had copies all the flags fine and you can use WMA so the files are smaller. It has frozen a couple of times but a quick reset and it was fine. And the playback time is great. However when the HD is writing or deleting the battery goes down very very quickly.

sleur said:
Don't know if you mean this was on done on the the player instead, or what way those things organize albums on the HD (by folder?), but if they do organise things folder-by-folder, mp3tag is great for selecting an album of mp3 files and then it'll populate the id3 tags from cddb. I always use it after I download stuff from Soulseek, avoids the hassle of seeing duplicate names appearing on the iPod artists list.

it happened when i added the mp3s to the library in the zen software. i'd no internet access so i had to type them all back in.
Zen will pay for this, one day...
!ninjaaaa

ah, the iPod. I had/have a gen two wan since the christ mess before last. in january I was beginning to experience serious battery problems. it's a gen 2. seems to be a particular problem with this generation.. anyway one night I was in galway for the weekend and I charged it up for about 12 hours because I was driving back to cork the next day. so I get into my car and the iPod dies straight away. what happened afterwards was a blur but let's say something got stamped on repeatedly, very hard. tough bastards.

mysteriously the hard drive started acting funny after that. which was a bitch because it was just out of warranty. but then! I meet a friend of a friend in a pub who worked for apple. a quick chat later, my warranty was bumped forward another two months and a ups man called to my house with a spanking new iPod. result!

anyway I had a good read here before I took the new bastard out of the box: www.ipodlounge.com

there's a forum there. says loads of shit about the battery. in any case I decided I should probably buy a car charger..

:)

sleur said:
European iPods come with a volume limiti setting already programmed in, something to do with those big guys in brussels not wanting us to fuck our hearing up. American & Japanese iPods don't. However, you can "fix" the european ones.
can't you not just adjust the song volume from iTunes? that's what I do. my one is as loud as fuck. and I'm rather deaf..

I been looking at this and am moderately convicned by the iriver but I hear its fodler set up if kinda sucky so that it is much harder to locate tracks. I also hear it is poor on "gapless playback" so mix cds and live albums will have stoopid gaps in them.

Anyone got any info to offer here?

I've a 60gig creative zen and apart from the software (bit of a pain copmpared to the brother's archos, which allows you to copy files over as if it were a hard drive) it's the best i've seen. You can update the firmware (pretty easy) to make it loud as fuck, the menus are handy, and it won't delete all your files when you connect to your friends computer like the ipod does.

On a side note, i used to work for apple and thought they were quite nice actually.

Boo to ipods and all that malarky. Go the complete opposite and Buy one of these

jukebox.jpeg

i just got an ipod shuffle. It's charging up at the moment so I can't really recommend it yet. But if you're into packaging.... jaysus it's amazing!

I am reasonably convicned by the iriver. Its the only one to record line in it would be best (only one) for recording direct from vinyl.

The only drawback seems to be it is weak on file management/playlists. I am not sure you can do "smart playlists"? i.e get them make a playlist by setting a number of variables (e.g. indie songs from 2004 I've only played twice or less). Sounds a bit like you have to just make up playlists song by song which would grind my nads.

mark winkelmann said:
the only fdrawback seems to be it is weak on file management/playlists. I am not sure you can do "smart playlists"? i.e get them make a playlist by setting a number of variables (e.g. indie songs from 2004 I've only played twice or less). Sounds a bit like you have to just make up playlists song by song which would grind my nads.

i've heard there's software here (http://www.misticriver.net/downloads/)
that can make playlists, haven't had time to check it out yet though...

mark winkelmann said:
I am reasonably convicned by the iriver. ISnc eits the only one to record line in it would be best (only one) for recording direct from vinyl.

the only fdrawback seems to be it is weak on file management/playlists. I am not sure you can do "smart playlists"? i.e get them make a playlist by setting a number of variables (e.g. indie songs from 2004 I've only played twice or less). Sounds a bit like you have to just make up playlists song by song which would grind my nads.
werl, you could use Winamp to generate the supersmart playlists, and save the m3u playlist files thataway.

iRivers rock. this does too, i want i want i want i want i want i want i want i want i want i want i want i want
IRI90035.jpg

although it's only 20gig, yah boo sucks

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back