so what is the best MP3 player ? (2 Viewers)

well i just took my ipod shuffle out for it's first run. I tried out the autofill function and hooked it up to the car cassette player. The first song came on and in my mind it had earnt it's €150 already. A really cool song from Dear Catastrophie Waitress that I hadn't heard in ages and that I'd never ever have thought to put on, nevermind put it on tape so i could play while driving! I love it!

eh, that snes gameboy link to the rockbox sute, um, it stops the mp3's from playing. whoops.
still looks cool buh.

and this one works no problems
http://www.n2oh.com/ihpgc/

also, for those of you who want the new flash (for some reason, i couldn't find the 1.65 version on the iRiver site) here it is.

anyway, more interesting iriver pics:

iriver_lcd_test.jpg

iriver_display.jpg

I'd have to recommend the Archos GMINI or if you don't mind the bulk, upgrade to an MP4 player with an Archos AV340.
I have the Archos AV340. They are going cheap on Ebay I believe as they don't make em anymore. 40GB and a 3.5" screen. Loads of tv shows,movies, videos and music on mine at the moment.
Worth a look for same price as an ipod but with loads more features, an instantly recognizable HDD a decent preamp for live recording (with a good mic)to wav or mp3 (or record via they built in mic). Photo storage and display, direct & timed recording from a TV, Record DVDS and bypass macrovision protection. Additional attachments like card readers, camcorder (quite good) and radio remotes...
the list goes on...
A decent alternative to an ipod. (the GMINI will alsoplay movies on its dinky screen but cannot record. It plays games I think aswell)

Wilbert said:
Wow! Look at those amazing graphics!!!! I'm going to throw away my xbox and get me one of these! :rolleyes:

Why would you want to play a game that looks worse than any game you would find on a mobile phone? Why Liam? Why?
well, for example, if i was on the phone to you, and i was bored and wanted to pass the time, i couldn't very well play games on my phone, now, could i?

would buying one of these pricks be a waste'o'cash ? (i'm not much of the gadget type)

319x358_h10_5GB_slategrey.jpg

General General functions and features

• Elegant design with touchpad for easy navigation
  • Various play modes: repeat, shuffle, intro and study
  • Build-in real-time clock with alarm feature
  • Adjustable balance for: FF/RW scan speed, resume features, fade-in, backlighting time
  • Playlist Features: My Rating, My Favorites, Recently Played, My Playlists and Quick List (created on-the-go)
  • Pictureviewer: Slideshow feature, full-screen support, simultaneous playback of pictures and music
spacer.gif
HDD Size 1 " Capacity 5 GB
spacer.gif

Audio and Video
Audio formats supported

• ASF
  • MP3 (cbr & vbr up to 320 kbps)
  • WMA (with/without DRM)
ID3 information Supports ID3 V1.1 and 2.4 Rated power output 36mW (18mW per channel) (16 &#937 Audio formats supported
  • ASF
  • MP3 (cbr & vbr up to 320 kbps)
  • WMA (with/without DRM)
ID3 information Supports ID3 V1.1 and 2.4 Rated power output 36mW (18mW per channel) (16 &#937Frequency 20Hz - 20kHz Signal-to-noise ratio up to 90 dB/A-weighted Distortion factor <0.1% Equalizer
  • manual parametric equalizer
  • More than 30 presets
Display 1.5" color TFT with up to 260,000 colors
spacer.gif

Interfaces
Interfaces

• 18-pin connector on bottom of device for connection between PC or accessories sold separately
  • Built-in microphone for digital voice recording
  • Connector for wired remote control
  • Headset port stereo minijack
  • Line-in stereo minijack (integrated in cradle sold separately)
  • separate line-out stereo minijack (integrated in cradle sold separately)
  • USB 2.0 for data transfer from PCs or notebooks
spacer.gif
Recording Recording functions via build-in microphone
  • Automatic gain control
  • Direct MP3 conversion with three selectable qualities (low/medium/high)
  • Up to 10 hours of voice recording
spacer.gif
FM Tuner FM tuner
  • Antenna integrated in the earphones
  • Automatic search function for the next available radio channel
  • Automatic storage of currently available radio channels (automatic presets)
  • Digital recording of radio broadcasts with real-time MP3 encoding in three selectable qualities (low/medium/high)
  • Frequency: 87.5 ~ 108.0 MHz
  • Manual search function
  • Manual storage of up to 20 radio channels (presets)
  • Signal-to-noise ratio: 50 dB/A-weighted
  • Timer for automatic recording of radio broadcasts
spacer.gif
System Operating system iriver OS/FAT 32 file system/upgradeable firmware
spacer.gif

Power supply
  • Power supply unit: 5.0 V, 2A AC adapter
  • Replaceable rechargeable lithium ion battery for up to 12 hours of playback when listening to MP3 (128kbps, volume: 20, EQ normal)
spacer.gif
Dimensions Size (W x D x H) 95 x 54 x 15 mm Weight 96 g

nokia said:
It depends how much you value your cash

i went to the shop to check them out. couldn't bring myself to it. it felt a bit sickly.

i just bought a bert jansch and incredible string band c.d. to quell my crazy consumer urges.

i have one of these and I must say it is poifect for my needs:
Chiba256_main_prod.jpg

256MB of memory plays back over 8 hours of WMA or 4 hours of MP3 music (over 120 WMA or 60 MP3 songs)*
Expansion slot to add up to 512MB additional memory using SD or MMC cards (sold separately)
USB 1.1 connects to almost any computer
Transfer content between multiple PCs
18-hour continuous playback using one Energizer® AAA Battery
5-Band Adjustable Equalizer with pre-sets

I don't listen to public enemy on it though.

Super Dexta said:
i have one of these and I must say it is poifect for my needs:
Chiba256_main_prod.jpg

<li>256MB of memory plays back over 8 hours of WMA or 4 hours of MP3 music (over 120 WMA or 60 MP3 songs)*
<li>Expansion slot to add up to 512MB additional memory using SD or MMC cards (sold separately)
<li>USB 1.1 connects to almost any computer
<li>Transfer content between multiple PCs
<li>18-hour continuous playback using one Energizer® AAA Battery
5-Band Adjustable Equalizer with pre-sets

that looks like an axehead.

no that there is anything wrong with that.

it's nice though, it clips on to my belt and it's so ickle! 2.7" x 2.4" x 0.8". weighs 1.8 oz. if i had an ipod or equivalent I'd be always worrying about it. this holds enough music to get me to college and back, and to town for a wander round and back. which is all I need. and it's $120.

yea I gots one of these
shuffle.jpg

So far the only annoying thing about it is that I keep having to turn the volume up and down because the songs ate all at different levels.
iTunes on the 'puter automatically makes everything the same volume, why couldn't they incorporate that feature into the shuffle?

I got myself an iriver H320 in the end and I have to say it's the business.
..so glad i didnae go for the ipod with its limited functionality and sickly pale complexion

I just found a "rough and ready guide to using VirtualDub to convert videos for the iriver H320 and H340 players".

http://www.geocities.com/andrewjmelville/vd/vd2.html

have any fellow iriver owners tried this or know if there are any possible side effects to trying something like this ie. will this break my iriver

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back