so bush fancied bombing al jazeera (1 Viewer)

haha cool.

i cant compete with you liz, you're like the rupert murdoch of thumped. and i mean that in not a mean way. :)

honestly though, all this Legal Gag bullshit and obeying what is laid down in the Secrets Act....how fuckin unfair is that? i cant believe there are laws in place to prevent the media from gaining access to documents like this - its crazy.

There are limitations on State information for obvious reasons. The right to information is legitimately restricted on the grounds of national security, public order, the protection of the right and reputation of others, and the more amorphous grounds of "morality". It would be naive to expect that the public is entitled to know everything that is said behind closed doors, eg internal discussions on the India/Pakistan peace process or EU/China dialogue on human rights abuses. If they were liable to exposure no-one would ever open their mouth in confidence.

The argument is not whether such an Act is warranted, but whether the case in point would constitute a legitimate grounds for non-disclosure.

we ran a good story about how heaps of journos are defecting over to al jazeera. better opportunities to cover a wider range of stuff.

La La said:
we ran a good story about how heaps of journos are defecting over to al jazeera. better opportunities to cover a wider range of stuff.

Bloody right they defect. Most arab media is totally controlled by dictators. With Al-Jazeera they'd have a lot more journalistic freedom.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back