Smog: Who's going to this gig? (1 Viewer)

Aye. Feckin' walked in at 9pm to see him walk offstage.
Sigh. Saw two Smog songs. Yawwn. Left.
I just don't get it.

old said:
Aye. Feckin' walked in at 9pm to see him walk offstage.
Sigh. Saw two Smog songs. Yawwn. Left.
I just don't get it.

I like Smog lots on record, but I don't think he's very good live

I guess I just don't get it either

the band we're all over the shop timing wise

I heart Jim White, but his drums sounded awaful, all clicky and wrong

Smog himself didn't seem to be at all bothered with putting much effort in

the crowd as well were reminicisint of a late 90's Whelan's crowd, wherein a load of cunts would ram into the pub and talk really fucking loudly, then *shush* each either really really loudly, then all shut up for the one song they all know, then talk really loudly for the rest of the gig...

I thought the first half of the gig was pretty boring, enjoyed the second half - maybe cos I knew the songs better. Gigs like that in Whelans are shit though. Stuffed full of people. You can't move. You either stand somewhere near the back and put up with pricks elbowing past you all the time to go to bar/jacks or else be a prick yourself and elbow your way past everyone else to get near the front. You can't win.

The thing that really impressed me though was how he managed to get Bill Gates in on guitar.

i thought it was rather good. messy but thats the man for you. packed to the ass though which was to cool from the bands point of view. a group of lads actually thought it was a good idea if they all stood in the middle of the stairs that leads from the bar to the dance floor for the gig. nothing that a few imagination head butts couldnt sort out though.

hugh said:
You either stand somewhere near the back and put up with pricks elbowing past you all the time to go to bar/jacks

yeah they should really remove the bar and jacks from whelans to accommidate your tastes in shit indie bands

HAHAHA ONLY JOKING

Was a bit of a fan, but now I'm a HUGE fan! The Galway gig was amazing! smog played for two hours but i would have gladly sat through another two. I saw their soundcheck, and they were doing "Dress Sexy..." and it wasn't really coming together. But when they played it second last it was perfect. They were really together as a band and the sound was purfeck, PURFECK! Great steamin gig

Wheels said:
Yup. Think I was more excited to see him come onto the stage than old man Bill. What a legend.

Me too!!!

I secretly paid my €17.50 to hear Jim White.... he was ace. .|..|

Even better than the last time he played with Bill in Roisin's a few years back, they were in much better form last night.

I got the impression Bill was a bit pissed off ( like a big old baby) having to play "Dress Sexy.."
Gee, it must be tough having to play songs to people who buy your albums when they want them.. after paying to hear you in concert...tough life eh? ( get over it Mr. Callahan..!)

Overall though, a really brilliant gig and the support acts were great. Well worth the bus journey:)

gugai said:
or what? OR WHAT??? you don't scare me, with your thinly veiled threats.....

really looking forward to this......

Liar, I asked for some Smog in the Warwick before and you just shrugged you shoulders, like you didn't even know who I was talking about. Although you did hit me up with some Half Man Half Biscuit as is your want, so all is forgiven.

snowt said:
Liar, I asked for some Smog in the Warwick before and you just shrugged you shoulders, like you didn't even know who I was talking about. Although you did hit me up with some Half Man Half Biscuit as is your want, so all is forgiven.

maybe i don't like you...... ;)

i shrug my shoulders all the time.

for many reasons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back