Smile Dublin (it's about fucking time) (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter AMC
  • Start date
  • Replies 56
  • Views 4K
  • Watchers 5
jane said:
Might I also recommend Which Race? There's lots of great stuff about which races are best at dancing, singing, making money, and working quietly with no backtalk. Really good value.

How did us Honkies do? Near the middle i reckon.

he re-recorded the whole thing right? didnt use any of the original master tapes? is this why the "new" good vibrations lacks warmth?

kevin gallen said:
Read an article recently that said the best harmony groups are always blood related. That it leads to a perfect blending of voices or summit
It might have some beneficial effect, but I'd say it's more likely any such benefit would be outweighed by their practicing together from an early age.

Jimmy Magee said:
It might have some beneficial effect, but I'd say it's more likely any such benefit would be outweighed by their practicing together from an early age.

what, like The Shaggs?:D

Why the hell are Vicar st. gigs so expensive? Do they have their own tax system? I got Smile a good while ago, and though its great to hear the album play as one cohesive piece with some great new parts, I really thought Brian Wilson would leave some of the original tapes in there. The blend isn't as good vocally, there's some really cringeingly corny moments on it (Pirate rap?) and the 'Child is father of the man' song goes on and on for WAY too long. And of course he shouldn't have touched Surf's up, Good Vibrations and Heroes and Villains. They were perfect already.

Speed Racer said:
I really thought Brian Wilson would leave some of the original tapes in there...And of course he shouldn't have touched up Surf's, Good Vibrations and Heroes and Villains. They were perfect already.

agreed

Maybe we should support him. our mp3's have got us talkin to a label in England so I don't really give a shit what you think. At least we don't sound like anyone else in this shithole country. I could come up with a load of symbols for the kind of stuff you're all probably into.

SpeedRacer said:
Maybe we should support him. our mp3's have got us talkin to a label in England so I don't really give a shit what you think. At least we don't sound like anyone else in this shithole country. I could come up with a load of symbols for the kind of stuff you're all probably into.

Oh Lord...

Ian said:
can i be a fake panty?

bleedin quark express wreckin me hash buzz

I think there was one already... or me and Mike swapped... but yeah sure...

I moved to InDesign and OSX this weekend...

my brain is melting... InDesign is like... so fucking mental...

and WHY is Apple-N not make new folder anymore

WHY WOULD YOU CHANGE THAT?!?!?!?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back