Since 1999
Solutions
Website
thumped.com
Clap Your Hands Say Yeah
The Button Factory
Saturday 20th October

Buy tickets.

Clap Your Hands Say Yeah bring their ‘Some Loud Thunder’ 10th anniversary tour to The Button Factory, Dublin on 18 May 2018.

Clap Your Hand Say Yeah’s landmark second album “Some Loud Thunder” will be reissued with exclusive bonus tracks on November 24th to celebrate the 10th Anniversary of its original release. Following their sold-out show at Whelans, Clay Your Hands Say Yeah return to Dublin in May 2018 to perform Some Loud Thunder in its entirety. The band’s debut album has been remastered by TW Walsh and will be available on vinyl for the first time in several years. A few words about the album from CYHSY’s Alec Ounsworth;

"Let me explain. Some Loud Thunder was an album written mostly as a reaction to the not unwelcome but still uncomfortable great interest in the band’s first album, Clap Your Hands Say Yeah. Depending on who you asked, in 2007 the band was known alternatively as the “real thing” or a flash in the pan, a band who presented a new paradigm for independent music or whose model was based on sheer luck, a band simply enjoying the process of creation or a (relatively) new band struggling to maintain some sort of illusory artistic foothold.

The general desire to discover the “secret” behind the project (and the irritation that it caused me in interviews, reviews, etc.) was, to a large degree, what drove the creation of the album, Some Loud Thunder. Mostly, this is evidenced in the songs, Some Loud Thunder (“Yes, that was me breaking glass and pretending to start something big, some new taste”) and Satan Said Dance (“Satan” here as the transitory faction of an audience which tends to disappear as soon as any chances are taken), but in others as well.

I think that this album, from the abrasive first track (which was not as much of a fuck you as some think but rather that it simply worked) to the final disintegrating “give up give up give up give up give up” on the song, “Five Easy Pieces,” documents a band that was comfortable taking big chances, somewhat aware of the consequences of taking chances (in an industry that often seems allergic to veering off the beaten path) but ignoring them all the same. For this, maybe most of all, I am very proud of this album. For true fans, who allow the opportunity to take such chances and are not afraid to embrace what may at first seem difficult or different, I am eternally grateful.
"

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back