Smile Dublin (it's about fucking time) (2 Viewers)

• Thread starter AMC
  • Start date
  • Replies 56
  • Views 4K
  • Watchers 5
nlgbbbblth said:
what does the €75 ticket get you?
says General Admission, whatever that means

The new Smile is great but the original 1967 stuff was fine as it was (judging by the couple of bootlegs I own)

I'd like to go but fear I will be foiled in getting a ticket

yeah bit confusing that. Im just gonna try get the best 75 ticket i can. Got a front row ticket for randy newman in vicar st but could not see him at all over his grand piano. Spent the whole gig watching him tap his feet under the piano :rolleyes:

kevin gallen said:
yeah bit confusing that. Im just gonna try get the best 75 ticket i can. Got a front row ticket for randy newman in vicar st but could not see him at all over his grand piano. Spent the whole gig watching him tap his feet under the piano :rolleyes:
We got front row tickets for Dexy's. spent the entire night looking up Kevin Rowlands nose.

I'd say there will be no small tables, with standing instead for €75. The seats at the back on the balcony will probably be the more expensive ones, even though they are crapper than standing.

For those of you saying it's too expensive, keep track of the money you spend on booze between now and the gig, and I bet you could have afforded it. It's 19 weeks away, so at €75 a ticket divided by 19 weeks is just under €4. So if you have just one pint less a week for the next 19 weeks you'll have your ticket paid for.

Mumblin Deaf Ro said:
I'd say there will be no small tables, with standing instead for €75. The seats at the back on the balcony will probably be the more expensive ones, even though they are crapper than standing.

For those of you saying it's too expensive, keep track of the money you spend on booze between now and the gig, and I bet you could have afforded it. It's 19 weeks away, so at €75 a ticket divided by 19 weeks is just under €4. So if you have just one pint less a week for the next 19 weeks you'll have your ticket paid for.

If you fail to keep up repayments your home may be repossessed. Your funding of the tickets is regulated by the Irish Financial Services Regulatot. Terms and Conditions apply. Like the urge to spend your hoarding on dutch gold.

Mumblin Deaf Ro said:

yeah, but what about the booze?
the precious booze?

Mumblin Deaf Ro said:
I got mine - queued at sound cellar at 7.30 this morning - friend queued since 6.15. I am a sad bastard.

jeez i did not think the demand would be so high. I just walked into music matters in the swan centre just b4 9 and got lucky as only 2 guys were ahead of me. Felt sorry for the shop guy as he did not get a chance to buy his own.

Limerick - Started to get in line for tickets at 8.50 this morning. Two middle aged women in front of me and three idiots behind me. They opened the shop at 8.55. Guy who worked there said "Anyone for Brian Wilson not Oxegen come to the front" no people for Oxegen. First woman got two 90 EURO tickets, next woman got two 90 Euro tickets, I got two 90 Euro tickets, idiots behind me got three 75 EURO tickets. By that time it was about 9.05 the line for the tickets consisted of about 30 people. None of them got a ticket.

I do feel sorry for the other genuine fans who missed out. I know there are a lot of them and I wouldn't be the happiest of campers if I lost out.

Only thing you can do is...

Smile :)

and hope for a 2nd show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back