Smash instant stuff... (1 Viewer)

wild_cat

Bought a packet of this after school.

I was recommended it at 4.30am on saturday morning?

Does it taste nice, what does it go well with?

I've never tried it myself but an ex-flatmate of mine used to live on the stuff - with melted butter. Not sure if that was for financial reasons or out of preference though.

aww yeah, for some reason I just think its going to taste like complete shit.

instant mashed potato

My brother likes it.
Last time I had it was at least ten years ago in scouts so can't remember if its any good.

what is it?

smash.jpg

Bought a packet of this after school.

I was recommended it at 4.30am on saturday morning?

Does it taste nice, what does it go well with?

it is foul.

i remember being curiously fascinated by it when i was a kid, though that was probably because of the robots.

the very idea of smash offends me.

the potato is a sacred and wonderful foodstuff and the ONLY way to make mash is to steam the fuckers til they are falling apart with fluffy loveliness, then bung in a heap of butter and cream and mash the shit out of them.
THERE. IS. NO. OTHER. WAY.

the potato is a sacred and wonderful foodstuff and the ONLY way to make mash is to steam the fuckers til they are falling apart with fluffy loveliness, then bung in a heap of butter and cream and mash the shit out of them.

What about a bit of onion and some salt and pepper?

instant mashed potato

My brother likes it.
Last time I had it was at least ten years ago in scouts so can't remember if its any good.
hoooooooold on a minute, you were 17 and a scout? thats crazy! was it good? i thought that was completely unheard of until i discovered a guy in my class was and who is also a big christian. On his myspace his pastimes include "reading the bible". sadly i didn't know this when i met him and did really dumb impressions of fundaMENTALists and said jesus was a spa. now he won't talk to me !ninjaaaa

i love those knor just add water potato dishes. they're yummy

hoooooooold on a minute, you were 17 and a scout? thats crazy! was it good? i thought that was completely unheard of until i discovered a guy in my class was and who is also a big christian. On his myspace his pastimes include "reading the bible". sadly i didn't know this when i met him and did really dumb impressions of fundaMENTALists and said jesus was a spa. now he won't talk to me !ninjaaaa

i love those knor just add water potato dishes. they're yummy

What age are you supposed to leave scouts at 15 or 16? It was at least ten years ago. I wasn't 17 and in scouts, that'd be wierd.

Used to use it instead of Duchesse Potatoes for piping around Lobster Thermidore at work years ago. You fire in a egg yolk so it will brown nicely under the grill.

The stuff is the devils excrement.

But I guess with some egg yolk, cream, butter some herbs it could be made taste not completely revolting - why bother though.

I had it with a shit load of gravy, loads of butter and peas.

Still wasnt my ma's it was a bit to like baby food for me. Good if you were really hungry for something filling though/.

this smash deeply offends me.all moral reasoning would suggest i eat my own waste before i would that stuff(which would be kinda ironic actually).
Anyway,would agree with you la la about the steaming to feck bit but if there's enough time,i like to roast mine for ages.this gives a really dry mash,allowing you to add maximum amounts of butter and cream....ahh that feels better,i can't even remember the name of that other stuff now.:rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back