Smash instant stuff... (1 Viewer)

Why is this Thread in the Food section? Fucking Smash is fuckin' vile. The chicken bits in pot noodles taste more like chicken than that fuckin' stuff tastes like mashed potato.

i've eaten Smash and not hated it. obviously it is a very poor substitute for creamy mash with milk, butter, salt, pepper and garlic. and peas (not mushy) beside. and some linda mccartney sausages also.
starving now.

but here, i used to know this guy who was a totally fucked up drunk punk type who only ate Smash for a period of time.
he'd eat a packet of Smash, then drink gallons of i dunno, some pissy cider (or even worse, HACKLER, shoulders of poitin sold for a fiver in Devany's in Rathmines), then jump around the living room close to sunrise, from coffee table to couch, listening to andrew wk and smashing stuff.

i suppose the combination of andrew wk and a packet of Smash in his belly had some sort of chemical reaction.

If you want to make nice mash the thing to do is - heat the milk with shitloads of garlic and a bay leaf and let the whole lot infuse.

Use a potato ricer for maximum non glueyness

Some people also reccomend using baked rather than steamed potatoes.

I made some great mash today. Boiled the spuds(ain't got a steamer), fried up some onion and garlic. Mashed up the spuds with milk and butter, then the onion and garlic and a bit of salt and pepper. Added in a load of mascarpone and mashed it all together.

I call it moose's magic mascarpone mash or mmmm for short.

I served it with roasted veg and chilli gravy.

i used to know this guy who was a totally fucked up drunk punk type who only ate Smash for a period of time.
he'd eat a packet of Smash, then drink gallons of i dunno, some pissy cider (or even worse, HACKLER, shoulders of poitin sold for a fiver in Devany's in Rathmines), then jump around the living room close to sunrise, from coffee table to couch, listening to andrew wk and smashing stuff.

aka my new hero.

Boiled the spuds(ain't got a steamer)

WHA WHA!

I made some great mash today. fried up some onion and garlic. Mashed up the spuds with milk and butter, then the onion and garlic and a bit of salt and pepper. Added in a load of mascarpone and mashed it all together.

mmm sounds amazing.

I made some great mash today. Boiled the spuds(ain't got a steamer), fried up some onion and garlic. Mashed up the spuds with milk and butter, then the onion and garlic and a bit of salt and pepper. Added in a load of mascarpone and mashed it all together.

jaysus that sounds fantastic!

I love people posting about food on thumped - I just wish I wasn't living in the sticks at the moment and was getting home in time to actually cook something :mad:

Tell us more about chilli gravy though - sounds delish

jaysus that sounds fantastic!

I love people posting about food on thumped - I just wish I wasn't living in the sticks at the moment and was getting home in time to actually cook something :mad:

Tell us more about chilli gravy though - sounds delish

I just made it up tonight. I make gravy with a mixture of veggie gravy granules and veg stock with some fried onion and garlic, this time I added about a teaspoon of chili flakes. It's was really good but I'm defo gonna experiment a bit more with it.

Edit: Actually, next time I'm gonna make the gravy from scratch looks easy enough although I'll still use a veg stock cube.

i don't mind smash at all..to be fair i have never eaten it that often/that much of it or eaten it when im not already starving...thought it was grand when i did though.

I just made it up tonight. I make gravy with a mixture of veggie gravy granules and veg stock with some fried onion and garlic, this time I added about a teaspoon of chili flakes. It's was really good but I'm defo gonna experiment a bit more with it.

Edit: Actually, next time I'm gonna make the gravy from scratch looks easy enough although I'll still use a veg stock cube.

Cool, cheers for that. I made a really nice gravy for christmass last year with Bisto, but not granules. Reckon the secret was to put in things like butter and cream. 'Normal' gravy is made with plenty of meat juice / fat - I think it makes sense that these need to be substituted.

Let us know how you get on anyway!.|..|

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back