Slomatics,Murdoch,Lebanon Death Train,Infidel Castro (1 Viewer)

brianoak

flyer.jpg

What it says,good way to spend a Friday night. .|..|

wow, lots of gigs and stuff on. i thought everyone would be off checking out the squat scene in uzbekistan or whatever for the summer.

can i borrow someones guitar for this? mine is in galway and i dont have any money to go and get it.. if its possible to use a distortion pedal aswell that would be most excellent.

Ok just talking to Fiachra and this gig is definetly going ahead in the players bar.

He mentioned that the turnout i.e. the bar figures havent been great for the last couple of gigs,this is probably down to lots of gigs being on the same night recently.There was four gigs on last thursday or something like that.

As far as I know there is no other gigs on this Friday so it would be great if people could make the effort to come down because two of the bands are travelling from Belfast and Galway and it would suck if it was a bad turnout.

It would also suck to lose the venue or have the cost of it go up because people arent going to gigs.I have seen some great bands in Bohs over the last while and its a fun venue to play so come down on Friday yis could do a lot worse.

cheers,

Brian

thedonal said:
can i borrow someones guitar for this? mine is in galway and i dont have any money to go and get it.. if its possible to use a distortion pedal aswell that would be most excellent.

where abouts is it in galway? is it heavy? we are coming across to dublin to play and maybe we can bring it with us. you would have to meet me off the bus though coz im not lugging it around dublin!

Could you call me asap boss
Break Neck Speed said:
where abouts is it in galway? is it heavy? we are coming across to dublin to play and maybe we can bring it with us. you would have to meet me off the bus though coz im not lugging it around dublin!

people need to be realistic about putting on gigs, for example last thursday was ridiculous with so many gigs on, if you dont think you can pull a crowd or cant cover the difference yourself in the case of a loss thendont put on the gig anyway as you iwill lose venues, in bohs case very quickly from what i gather as they have to cover costs etc .

if you organise a gig and lots of people turn up and buy booze then fair enough the venue should be free, if you dont pull a crowd you should pay for the bar staff etc.

its not just a case of putting on a gig and shrugging your shoulders if it goes badly in bohs.

it's not aimed at anyone, to be honest brian i havent a clue who you are so its defo nothing personal! just saying that i was told there have been nights lately where it wasnt worth the clubs while from the bar money to cover costs /staff etc. the jihad people still gave the bar some rent money when they didnt have a great turn out th enight jimmy white was playing and this was noted and appreaciated by the management so that seems ot be a way to go. they just dont seem so positive about the whole gig thing there at the minute compared to some of the other things that go on there.

Yeah that was the impression I got on the phone off Fiachra.I think its like you said bad planning on behalf of the people putting gigs on at the same time also the fact that people dont show up till pretty late means the bar is making less than it should or would at something else.
bohs punks said:
it's not aimed at anyone, to be honest brian i havent a clue who you are so its defo nothing personal! just saying that i was told there have been nights lately where it wasnt worth the clubs while from the bar money to cover costs /staff etc. the jihad people still gave the bar some rent money when they didnt have a great turn out th enight jimmy white was playing and this was noted and appreaciated by the management so that seems ot be a way to go. they just dont seem so positive about the whole gig thing there at the minute compared to some of the other things that go on there.

fear not! couzens is guaranteed to drink for 3 men. unfortunately this balances out as I can only drink like a small boy.

but seriously - cheers for putting this on, Brian. its always the way when you put gigs on in bars. they love you when theres 80 people in drinkin' pints like its going out of fashion - but as soon as a couple of gigs have a poor turnout they start to hold the knife over you. Thats not their fault I suppose - its their business and they need to make cash. anyway - what was my point? oh yeah, come to Brians gig kids! use it or lose it etc!!

Joe

Ha ha cheers Joe,sorted all the backline(almost) tonight so we are good to go.All this and moved house..busy times I tell you
joematic said:
fear not! couzens is guaranteed to drink for 3 men. unfortunately this balances out as I can only drink like a small boy.

but seriously - cheers for putting this on, Brian. its always the way when you put gigs on in bars. they love you when theres 80 people in drinkin' pints like its going out of fashion - but as soon as a couple of gigs have a poor turnout they start to hold the knife over you. Thats not their fault I suppose - its their business and they need to make cash. anyway - what was my point? oh yeah, come to Brians gig kids! use it or lose it etc!!

Joe

joematic said:

ha ha I might just make it to this just to drink couzens under the table or else spend a portion of the evening chundering in the bog after trying to drink couzens under the table
.|..|

yup, cork posse in effect.
belfast -v- cork booze-off scheduled to begin at 8pm (dublin time).
i don't know what round we're on at this stage, but i do know we're winning...

!baggyyyy + !baggyyyy + !baggyyyy + !baggyyyy = !bog

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back