Slomatics,Murdoch,Lebanon Death Train,Infidel Castro (1 Viewer)

he he yep my poorly stitched boxers spent the night in the stands ;)

Rhona, now I know the interweb is full to the brim of all sorts of filth, but I think a pic of my wee lad might be to much for everyone., just think of the children. he he... just glad I got my jeans back!! Would have been fun trying to get a cab to garys without them though..

Anyway just wanted to add my thanks to everyone involved in making the gig happen and turning up!! :heart: :heart: :heart: yep these smilies are great

Wow, with all the madness of working and moving my shit outta my gaff I forgot there'd be pages of useless drivel about the real world on the internerd.

Thanks to all. All indeed.

Some things to say though..

Boh's is deadly. Gigs are deadly. I'd like to see these things stay deadly together.

Not so deadly:
Poor turnouts due to lack of communication between "promoters". It's not a competition, I personally reckon other independent promoters should support each other as much as possible, and for the most part that's usually the case. But I dunno what happened with all the people organising the four gigs on the same night because that was just crazy.. anyway it's no one fault or anything, it's just something I thought I'd mention. I know shitty weather is a sucker for causing bad turnouts too and unfortunately I can't change that yet.

But mainly, bringing your own booze to venues.
I've been putting on gigs for a few years now and this issue has never been resolved and I doubt it ever will but it's only right that I say what I have to say anyway.. for the sake of Boh's and being able to have gigs there again.

I know not everyone has enough kerching to buy booze for themselves and their mates at the bar all night but in comparison with a lot of other Dublin bars Boh's prices have always been reasonable.. the even have Bavaria for 3 quid! Heh. Basically, they've always been sound enough to allow us have the venue for free providing they make enough at the bar to cover paying staff.. but when that doesn't happen, it's not so cool. What's worse is silly people leaving their cans or bottles or whatever outside in the stands, worse still in ther bar, or even drinking a bottle of wine in there! It's just not deadly. You could always drink something before you go there.. or after. Ah, anyway I really can't tell people what to, but just make a point of it and try encourage y'all to think about what you're doing and have a little respect. Not for me but for Fiachra and the staff at Boh's. They people who work there surely want to be able to get paid enough to go get drunk themselves, right?

K, well sorry for the massive long post and cheers if you managed to get through it all.

Coming up! Hopefully at Boh's!

Vitamin X! (www.geocities.com/vitaminxhc/)
Snowblood! (www.snowblood.com)
Science of Yabra! (www.scienceofyabra.com)
and Life at these speeds! (www.killingcupid.net/lats.html)

I thought Vitamin X was at the Lower Deck? That's the third venue I've heard for it.
Bringing booze to gigs in bars is idiotic. I applaud and support anyone who speaks out about it. Slightly related is the fact that there were definately punks who didn't come into the gig but were drinking in the stands. I don't know if they were the guilty ones of leaving empty's but if they were they can go fuck themselves. people try hard enough and put more than enough work into organising gigs for the few who support them,if these gigs are affected by people who don't even go to the gig then it's a lost cause.
Maybe a comment about the BYO behaviour should be put on a flyer or something as not everyone reads eirecore.

Silly me.
What I said above also goes for The Lower Deck and Voodoo. Despite what some people feel about Voodoo, Toxic's always been very sound to anyone from GZ.. and him and the bouncers are seperate identities too.
Although I heart Bohs the most!

Oh don't talk to me about the venue changes for Vitamin X...:rolleyes:

It will defo be in Boh's. More to follow.

And yeah Gary, I was thinkin about putting that on a flyer or somethin.. you gots smarts.

jillface said:
It will defo be in Boh's. More to follow.

QUOTE]

Just so you know I may not get there until after 9.I got a late shift at work that day. shouldn't affect the order of bands though.

totally agree with jill on this. people should relise that bohs have been very helpful and indeed very patient with stuff and if it was a fullon commercial venue we would be gone ages ago.

losing bohs as a venue would be stupid, do people think there is a bottomless pit of venues out there for punks cause there aint.

it also has a negative effect on the punks who are members of the club like myself, tommytrousers, baldyfran etc as we sometimes get complaints about gigs that we weren't even at when we go to games.

drinking a bottle of wine in the venue is really thick. you may as well smash up the toilets.

bohs are playing tommorow night by the way in dalymount if anyone is around

it'd also help with avoiding clashes if peopel post up dates they have organised as soon as possible, toxics site is good for this as you can see what he has booked as far away as december and thus avoid clashes.

i'll agree with both jill and conor on this bringing fuckin booze into shows and being a drunk asshole and leaving em lying round is so fuckin stupid i've never been able to fathom it, i know someone might say 'ohh thats because you (usually) have a job and cash and the like so its grand for you' but fuckit bohs is one of the best venues dublin has had in years and to think that people think their little pathetic lives and their drunkeness is more important than the punx actually having a venue that isn't some fuckin shity pub where the money doesn't just go to some bollox venue owner as being more important than that is a spa, straightup!, spa !zed anyway im boring my drunken self :confused:

spuded said:
i'll agree with both jill and conor on this bringing fuckin booze into shows and being a drunk asshole and leaving em lying round is so fuckin stupid i've never been able to fathom it, i know someone might say 'ohh thats because you (usually) have a job and cash and the like so its grand for you' but fuckit bohs is one of the best venues dublin has had in years and to think that people think their little pathetic lives and their drunkeness is more important than the punx actually having a venue that isn't some fuckin shity pub where the money doesn't just go to some bollox venue owner as being more important than that is a spa, straightup!, spa !zed anyway im boring my drunken self :confused:

true, so true..|..|

going to have to agree with everyone.... putting a venue at risk for the sake of saving a few euro on booze is madness, it is about the music eh?? couldn't believe people drinking bottles of wine in view of the bar staff, just dead daft... why..

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back