Sleep reform to perfom Holy Mountain (1 Viewer)

as long as it wasnt this holy mountain

holy-mountain-la-montana-sagrada-poster-0.jpg

I hope your not saying this is a bad film..

I only caught the last ten minutes as i was over watching leatherface but i think they played about 20/30 mins. Crowd was all dreads and spikes, circle pits and stage dives. I tried climbing a balcony to dive off but the bouncers pulled me down. Some guy managed to monkey climb a pole and dive off it. Me and one of the lads got in a few chicken fights with smelly punks.

So yeah, it was good.

I only caught the last ten minutes as i was over watching leatherface

You really know how to make me jealous, don't you. I really really need to see Leatherface sometime, gutted I missed them last time they played in Dublin. Deadly you got to see them though.

they were deadly when i saw em in scotland a few years back, overshadowed at that gig however by both Glass and Ashes and Zann.|..|
Glass and Ashes are done. Mike is singing with young livers now and the new stuff is mighty reminiscent of the second glass and ashes cd. Makes sense, YL is 1/2 of the GA lineup that recorded the first album.
You really know how to make me jealous, don't you. I really really need to see Leatherface sometime, gutted I missed them last time they played in Dublin. Deadly you got to see them though.
They were great but the sound was shite. Other deadly bands this weekend were Paint It Black, Shook Ones, Landmines, Ok Pilot, Young Livers, New Mexican Disaster Squad, Dillinger Four, The Brokedowns, North Lincoln, Strike Anywhere, Ringers, Iron Chic (phil from latterman's new band), In Defence, Atom And His Package, Armalite, Menzingers, Nothington, Sakes Alive and more i can't remember. Fucked now though.

I'm curious about this "selections" from Dopesmoker thing. I like Sleep and all ( not to the weird obsessive degree that many people do), but I was never arsed about that record - isn't it just one riff?

Just curious, anyone here bar Sloaner like the pre-"Holy Mountain" stuff?

I'm curious about this "selections" from Dopesmoker thing. I like Sleep and all ( not to the weird obsessive degree that many people do), but I was never arsed about that record - isn't it just one riff?

I've got the 7" that is the rip off of the Sabs Vol 4 cover and theie eponymous album- both rock solid. Asbestos Death anybody?

only heard one 7" once, sounded great.

dopesmoker/jerusalem is miles ahead of anything else. yeah, anything.

only heard one 7" once, sounded great.

dopesmoker/jerusalem is miles ahead of anything else. yeah, anything.

We'll agree to disagree on that last point.

Re: the early stuff - the reason I ask is because the first album is really fucking great. People should reassess its' merits. Darker and heavier, and no songs about wizards.

We'll agree to disagree on that last point.

Re: the early stuff - the reason I ask is because the first album is really fucking great. People should reassess its' merits. Darker and heavier, and no songs about wizards.
yep,fucking love that first album.even though theres no songs about wizards.
jerusalem/dopesmoker i don't know if i'd rate as their best either though.

I think the "selections" from Dopesmoker is a fuck up on the ATP organisers part. They probably intend to do all of it and selections from Holy Mountain.

I like Vol 1 although it's been a while since I played it. I'll rectify that tonight. Never been a big fan of Dopesmoker myself. Niall says I'm full of shit not being over impressed by it. Glad to hear others share my opinion of it.

did sleep even play dopesmoker all the way through live though?i'm pretty sure they didn't.
any bootlegs i have its broken up into different parts or they just play certain sections...
so could well be the case.

Asbestos Death were great,I only have one of the 7"s but I have the 10" reissue Southern Lord did.
First Sleep lp is really good,but a lot more of an obvious Melvins thing going on than the other records. Jerusalem/Dopesmoker is my favourite Sleep release,it's definately not one riff. It changes as it goes through the song. I got the original "bootleg" cd of it and was disapointed it was split up into 6 tracks.

Dopesmoker was/is a remix of Jerusalem...I'd like to see them but I don't think I'd be arsed going all the way to Minehead for it.

Still though, I'd say it would be a memorable experience.

Is there a sleep tribute we could hire on the cheap to perform here?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back