Sleep reform to perfom Holy Mountain (1 Viewer)

Gambra

Anarchic Harmonics
Website
www.noisenotmusic.org
http://www.atpfestival.com/atp/Events/TheFansStrikeBack.php

Sleep Performing HOLY MOUNTAIN / SELECTIONS FROM DOPESMOKER AND MORE.

Legendary stoner rock band Sleep split in 1998 after two hugely influential albums and members went on to form underground heroes High On Fire and Om. They reform for two performances at ATP as a world exclusive that will never be repeated.
They will perform the album Holy Mountain as well as selections from Dopesmoker and more.

I have a feeling other dates (ala My Bloody Valentine) will happen.

huig.gif

I presume I'll be there with bells on as long as tickets are getable.

fucking cool.
would love to see this.
going to atp is fookin 'spensive but this would definitely be something i'd regret not seeing.

considering you get to stay in a chalet with friends and when i was there, and from what i've heard recently it still seems that its not an ''everybody get as fucked up as possible'' affair, so if yr not too mad on festivals this one isn't too festival-ish if you get me.

Everyone says that every year,and yet still afterwords all anybody talks about is the getting wrecked side of things. I'd go see Sleep if they played somewhere like Whelans,but wouldn't travel to something like that for any band.
It's crazy to think when Sleep existed they were for the most part thought of as boring Sabbath rip offs. I remember constantly trying to convince people to buy the other copies of the 7" that sat in Dr Roberts for an incredibly long time. Should have bought them al myself rather than just one copy.

Everyone says that every year,and yet still afterwords all anybody talks about is the getting wrecked side of things. I'd go see Sleep if they played somewhere like Whelans,but wouldn't travel to something like that for any band.
It's crazy to think when Sleep existed they were for the most part thought of as boring Sabbath rip offs. I remember constantly trying to convince people to buy the other copies of the 7" that sat in Dr Roberts for an incredibly long time. Should have bought them al myself rather than just one copy.

I bought one of them Gary and later sold it for £1 (I got it back at a later date). Tempted to go to this, but I can't really be assed with ATP. Holy Mountain has been a staple favorite of mine since it was released and I'm kind of happy just listening to it every few months and watching the Dragonaut video every now and again. Live next year is never gonna be as good as that video.

Part of what made them so amazing to me was that nobody gave a shit. Seriously, I was laughed at for liking them. A few people I knew caught on by the second record but most people didn't come round to them until way after the fact.
Don't think I could handle the wankfest that atp would be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back