Six Nations 2011 (h8rs gonna h8) (1 Viewer)

mark

M&S Wine Gums FTW
If we play like Ireland, we'll come third, second at best. If we play like Leinster and get no more serious injuries we could win it.

Thoughts?

I know very little about rugby but this time of year I know a little more than at any other time of year (cos basically I'd watch anything thats on).

This competition, it seems to me, requires a lot of consistency and luck to win. Ireland may have one and not the other, hence won't win. But the main reason they won't win is France. France are too good.

What way are the fixtures this year? Is it a year of 3 home and 2 away games? That tends to make a difference.

So long as we beat the brits......... we'll win the triple crown (ho ho ho)

The fact we have England and France at home might make things a little easier, but as was said in the first post, if we play like Ireland we're fooked! The Autumn Internationals were so difficult to watch. Uncle Deccie is a gobshite and his selections have been questionable! (Mick O'Fucking Driscoll!) I'd like to see the same attacking and offloading game that Leinster have been playing with this year. It would help us compete with France and I think it would be too much for England, Scotland and Italy to cope with.

My big fear, as a Leinster fan, is that Ireland will play shite rugby because that's what Uncle Deccie wants, and we'll come third or similar and Leinster will lose a load of players through injury for the Heineken Cup quarter final?

My big fear, as a Leinster fan, is that Ireland will play shite rugby because that's what Uncle Deccie wants, and we'll come third or similar and Leinster will lose a load of players through injury for the Heineken Cup quarter final?

Isn't this whats been wrong with the Ireland rugby team for years though? Munster players didn't give a shit (theres that famous story about Rob Kearney having it out with them at a players meeting the year they won the grand slam) cos Munster were good. Now Leinster maybe the same.

And obviously the supporters of both think likewise. With Ulster getting good again then you'd imagine the national team are completely fucked.

I'd love it if Ireland could play as well as they possibly can and play with some passion, country before club and all that.

My worry is that Deccie will pick the sacred cows of Irish rugby ahead of form players, just like he did in the AIs. I don't want Leinster players at risk of injury because they have to haul themselves around the pitch more, or get into trouble without proper support because there are too many players who are past it being left on the pitch.

People are very forgiving of Deccie because of the Grand Slam, but I can see him going down the Eddie O'Sullivan route on team selection and that's not going to help Irish rugby.

i will cry of DOC is in ahead of cullen and they don't start mike ross. otherwise the team kinda picks itself. not starting ross would be insane. the italians are going to be targetting the scrum.

we shall know soon.

DOC and Tomás O'Fucking-Leary ...

*headdesk*

Leamy too ...

If the Italians have any kind of a kicker we're fucked as far as penalties go.

Ugh!

starting to get nervous now. parisse has been declared fit. it's an awful lot of pressure on ross and healy. one good thing is that the british press are have really been talking down our chances. the chances of a mugging in rome are higher then they've ever been . i *hate* starting against italy. if you win it was expected so you've 'learned nothing'.

i totally aggree re DOC. cullen must be fuming.

Off The Ball read out my text labelling O'Callaghan as "a chancer" the other night. A proud moment. The fucking chancer.

I'm looking forward to this much less than I usually would. The insipid Autumn games and looming World Cup* mean watching Ireland makes me all anxious and frustrated

* I went to the last World Cup and am permanently scarred.

Yeah, I was there too. I knew we were proper fooked when the French were at the Argentina game to support us :(

Happy hours in Paris were my only good memory.

I was there too, caught something on the way over, sweating and clenching had to beg 5p off someone to get access to the jacks in Waterloo, barely made it in the door, unleased a torrent of luminous yellow crap, remember little or nothing of the Eurostar except the constant gurgling in my guts and my complete terror at the consequences if I moved as much as a muscle. Next was the receptionist at the hotel describing breakfast and the amenities and pricking around with my coupon, with me screaming in my mind "GIVE ME THE FUCKING KEY NOW GIVE ME THE FUCKING KEY NOW GIVE ME THE FUCKING KEY NOW GIVE ME THE FUCKING KEY NOW GIVE ME THE FUCKING KEY NOW GIVE ME THE FUCKING KEY NOW GIVE ME THE FUCKING KEY NOW". Spent the next 3 days in the room, drinking bottles of San Pelligrino at 14 fucking Euro a pop, didn't go to the game, and you should have seen the face the housekeeper made every time she opened the door and got a face full of the dysentery smell.

Can anyone recommend a good website which streams the Six Nations matches? Just moved to New York and pretty much every Irish pub seems to charge $20 entry on match days which is not happening.

BBC will have a stream if you are tech savvy enough to get around the geolock.

justin.tv will no doubt have streams up.
aussietorrents or accrossthetasman will have a torrent of it pretty soon after if you don't want to get up early.

PHEW!

we didn't play well and they played above themselves but jaysus that was close.

o'connell was crap, doc was surprisingly good, o'brien was very average and parisse was fantastic. i think we'll get a ton of jip in the press but all things considered, they played shit and still won.

i am praying heaslip is fit next week. an all leinster backline is whats needed here. leamy was not good today and even though wallace was OK, throw jennings in there and the familiarity should help against the french.

FUCKING KNOCKS ONS! FIRE THE SKILLS COACH!

and if i was leo cullen i would be FUMING. 6 seconds at the end when he should have been on from the start.

and try aside, o'leary had a shocker. fucking telegraphing passes. it's a cliche, but we lost that game, the french didn't win it. england will hammer them.

scrum did ok though...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back