singer/songwriter? (1 Viewer)

Pantone247 said:
jeff_lewis_20x16.jpg

this man, Jeferey Lewis, just re-invented Singer-Songwirting for me

I have an album of his that I love-love-loved when it came out "The last time I did acid I went insane"- I was a bit of a Leonard Cohen freak at the time, so "Chelsea Hotel (Oral Sex Song)" gave me the yippees :)

Zeelander said:
I have an album of his that I love-love-loved when it came out "The last time I did acid I went insane"- I was a bit of a Leonard Cohen freak at the time, so "Chelsea Hotel (Oral Sex Song)" gave me the yippees :)

I ain't heard that one, I have 'Those Who are Caracked Let the Light Shine Though" which has a song about how everyone thought the album your talking about was a joke and kept giving him acid, it's called "We Don't Want No LSD Tonight"

his comics are lovely too, and his next album, word is it'll be producded by Kramer what is the genius who made the amazing Galaxie 500 records

but yeah, he is great, I never thought I'd think things like "This Dude is like Dylan for the 00's" but such was the deadliness I think I might just have done

hey this aint about gay cats or wether D.Js are real musicians.... or wether gay cats make good musicians.. this is me askin about good venues for my particular brand of music.. i.e singer/songwriter...... folikish... acoustic... nothing remotly related to D.Jing cats.

rikredbrain said:
hey this aint about gay cats or wether D.Js are real musicians.... or wether gay cats make good musicians.. this is me askin about good venues for my particular brand of music.. i.e singer/songwriter...... folikish... acoustic... nothing remotly related to D.Jing cats.

Ha ha ha, welcome to Thumped :rolleyes:

Be thankful it's only homosexual DJing cats they're talking about! There's been far far worse I'll tell you! :D

Hey - I'm going to the new mor festival - its singer songwriter this year
seems to be going as CASTLEPALOOZA - see www.morfest.com
its small scale in a castle

rikredbrain said:
hey there.. i was wonderin if any of you lovely people can tell me the best places for a solo singer/songwriter and his acoustic could play... im based in the north but i by far prefer playin the south and i was considerin touring around ireland over the summer gigging where possible.
cheers
rik

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back