Sin City (1 Viewer)

Thayl

Since 1999
Sin City is the best film I've seen so far this year, and easily the best comic book adaptation ever made.

Thayl said:
Sin City is the best film I've seen so far this year, and easily the best comic book adaptation ever made.

Saw this the other night and thought it was amazing!!!!!! I don't know where to start to be honest. It looks fantastic, story's are great, acting for the most part is great and done in a kinda cool over-the-top comic style, it's also really funny in bits. And Britanny Murphy's in it.

.|..|

i saw this earlier..man alive its the bees knees..it was slgihtly ruined by the fact that some mentalist in front of us kept rubbin the back of his head and turnin around and lookin at me and the boy like we'd kicked him or somethin..crazy man..
oh and i dont think i can ever look aat elijah wood in the same way ever again..how did he go from north to that:p

thought it was great too but Clive Owen let it down for me. After a classic Micky Rourke hardman performance, and Bruce Willis doing his best Owen just seems to be a bit out of place.

But i loved how it immitated the comic strip violence - one of the best bits has to be Micky Rourke smashing a guys face into the wall

Bluto said:
thought it was great too but Clive Owen let it down for me. After a classic Micky Rourke hardman performance, and Bruce Willis doing his best Owen just seems to be a bit out of place.

But i loved how it immitated the comic strip violence - one of the best bits has to be Micky Rourke smashing a guys face into the wall

http://www.filmrot.com/images/sincity-comparisons/sincity.html

The attention to detail in this film was scary.http://www.filmrot.com/images/sincity-comparisons/sincity.html

It was just like reading a graphic novel.
For me the script was a bit weak... for all the stories. But it's very well put together.

i just got to see this tonight!

blown away by how !ninjaaaa it was. deeeeeeeadly stuff from start to finish. it makes batman look like little house on the prairie.

Finally went to see this last night.

You're all fucking nuts or something. I thought this was pretty shite. The Mickey Rourke part was okay but then there were three other parts more or less exactly the same. Stories were pretty banal .... dialogue was funny for about 1 minute until you realised it was all going to be like this and then it just sounded totally stupid. I got bored looking at one fella punching another fellas head off, then a third fella shooting some other fella in the nuts, then that fella puching some other fella's head off etc. etc.. and visually ??? So its in B&W with some colour bits thrown in. What's the big deal about that?

At least From Dusk Til Dawn was funny!

Though there was one funny line ... something like "He's about as effective as a palsy victim doing brain surgery with a wrench" .....

Stacy said:
i just got to see this tonight!

blown away by how !ninjaaaa it was. deeeeeeeadly stuff from start to finish. it makes batman look like little house on the prairie.

violence wise, yeah - but it's nothing near as good as Batman. The Mickey Rourke story was excellent and well written, but the others were'nt anything as good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back