Simpsons Movie Confirmed (3 Viewers)

Wilbert

Website
www.gettaroom.com
From the Empire website www.empireonline.co.uk

"The jaundiced inhabitants of Springfield are currently producing a fifteenth series, but, after more than a decade and countless rumours, we've still not seen any sign of a Simpsons movie. Until now.

After one of the writers let the cat out of the bag on a DVD site yesterday, the creators of The Simpsons have officially confirmed that a big screen version is on its way. According to James L Brooks, the film is still in the very early stages but pieces are already falling into place. "We've got a very good and interesting idea, and it's different from the show," he told Variety. "You know, it's like the South Park movie where it's just a bigger, longer, amplified version of the show. I can't tell you anything specific about it. My wife doesn't even know the secret."

"They've wanted to do this since season two," said writer Mike Reiss. "It's been 13 years of wanting to do The Simpsons movie. Finally Fox said, 'Let's just do it!' We never had the greatest idea that was compelling but Fox said, 'Maybe if we start paying you, you'll get inspired.' And sure enough, it worked!"

So no hints as to what we can expect but all of the show's talent are likely to sign on for the film. No one attached to the project was able to provide a timeline for the release but, taking into account the scale of the project and the animation process, it's thought that we're still a good two years from Homer and the gang's cinematic debut. "

oyvey.

the cast of the thompsons are all contractually obliged to do three movies in anyway. sure why not.

i really don't think they'd let themselves do anything shit...

except for the last 3/4 seasons

i've never not enjoyedd an episode so ...

i guess that means you're the guy who liked the "simpsons are going to africa!" episode and the "reality tv show shit where some lameo with braces kills some old woman and they end up in jail" and the "screamapillar just isn't funny" episode and "the simpsons are going to england so lets hope that a bazillion guest voices will hide the lack of jokes"

wake up guys. that shit is long gone.

andrew
ps - favourite simpsons episode: "bart vs australia"

or the shitty singing one

and half lisas episodes

there bettr be fuck all lisa in the film
only occasionally so that when they go back to homer he seems funnier

does anyone notice how they make the women in the simpsons very unfunny?
they laugh at them occasionally , but they rarely make them funny

Even though I've seen it a million times and it gets shown over and over and over and over again AND i sigh when it come on... i still think the one where they find the "angel" has some of the best simpson writing ever.

"there's some things we just don't want to know. Important things!"
"it's smashing time"

etc

i actually think they dedicated an entire episode to people like you.
M.BISON said:
except for the last 3/4 seasons

i guess that means you're the guy who liked the "simpsons are going to africa!" episode and the "reality tv show shit where some lameo with braces kills some old woman and they end up in jail" and the "screamapillar just isn't funny" episode and "the simpsons are going to england so lets hope that a bazillion guest voices will hide the lack of jokes"

wake up guys. that shit is long gone.

andrew
ps - favourite simpsons episode: "bart vs australia"

hag said:

yeah whatever. i'm pretty sure i'm not the only person in the entire world whose noticed the nosedive in quality over the last few years.

like littbarski said - i'd chose family guy over new simpsons any day now.
aqua teen hunger force rules all.

andrew

In the last few seasons the Simpsons has gone from being the best TV show ever to the kind of shit it used to take the piss out of. And now a movie...I feel ill.

hag said:
They used to get away with that sort of joking about how rubbish they were, e.g. making jokes about shows compiled from old clips, in a show compiled from old clips, and so on, because (a) the clips were well assembled (b) good to begin with and (c) the joke itself was funny - but trying to joke about how shit the series has gone (and taking pot shots at people *complaining* about that), when it actually *has* gone shit, is a bit of a cop-out.

in fairness i stopped expecting anything other than dross from popular cu(n)(l)ture a long time ago, so anything that elecits a giggle is a massive bonus. i'm with andy on this one, the simpsons go to england was just soooooooo fucking bad. and they've been using their star guests as padding for far too long. ultimately, for a board of moaners who like to belittle each others artistic endeavours, it really doesn't matter what a load of animated americans do with their time, does it? unless it's a simpsons cartoon version of the 9-11 attacks.

The episode with Mel Gibson was deadly tho. Homer would be a fucking hilarious director. ha ha ha....the courtroom scene, impaled with US flag. deadly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back