Silver Jews, Whelan's, May 16 (1 Viewer)

It was perfect timing too during Tennessee,when that drunk came over and sat beside him on the stage,and he turned and sang the "Up and move,because the dead do not improve" part at him :)

It was perfect timing too during Tennessee,when that drunk came over and sat beside him on the stage,and he turned and sang the "Up and move,because the dead do not improve" part at him :)

I was scarleh for him. Poor baldy drunk dude.

Deadly to see DCB so comfortable performing now,I cant imagine him a few years back being able to deal with hecklers like baldy and that strange little gnome that kept coming up to him

bermans hurt his hand so he can't play guitar but he's a natural with that microphone

He fell down the stairs at the back of the Spirit Store last Sunday night .. ouch. To be honest, his guitar playing is hardly essential to the thing ...

Amazing. Great band, ridiculously good atmosphere. The sound was excellent as well.

Started with Random Rules - total hairs on the back of the neck moment - and played basically all the songs they played in Dundalk plus Sometimes a Pony Gets Depressed. Encored with Trains Across the Sea and Punks in the Beerlight.

DCB wasn't playing guitar, and it really freed him. He seemed to really enjoy it from beginning to end - he dedicated the gig to "your May 17th selves", was "trying to discover the parameters of mike-stand technique" and was worried his in-ear monitors made him look like "that twit from Radiohead" .|..|

it was life-affirming stuff really. I've still got a ready-brek glow from it. Crashed me feckin bike last night and didn't feel a thing I was on such a buzz.

hey, I'll have an interview with David Berman in the next edition of the event guide. He had some really interesting things to say so hopefully it'll be a good read :) It's out May 12th.

Read this yesterday, it was great!

Need........more.........info!!!!!!!!!!

SETLIST!

Like flux said - amazing

Random Rules
Aloysius was a bluegrass drummer
K-hole
San Francisco BC
Smith & Jones Forever
Suffering Jukebox
Horseleg Swastikas
Candy Jail
The Wild Kindness
We could be looking for the same thing

Encore:
Trains across the sea
Punks in the beerlight

Tennessee was in there as well, I'm sure I've missed loads

Crowd was great - the perfect gig

Sweetoblivion - you're so lucky to have done that interview! Looking forward to reading it.

Another interesting one here

it was life-affirming stuff really. I've still got a ready-brek glow from it. Crashed me feckin bike last night and didn't feel a thing I was on such a buzz.

yes, I think this is the best gig I've ever been at my whole life. My objectivity might be slightly tainted by the fact that I was standing 2 feet in front of Cassie for the entire thing (unintentional, but...., wow :heart: ). It was great. The greatest ever.

Like flux said - amazing

Random Rules
Aloysius was a bluegrass drummer
K-hole
San Francisco BC
Smith & Jones Forever
Suffering Jukebox
Horseleg Swastikas
Candy Jail
The Wild Kindness
We could be looking for the same thing

Encore:
Trains across the sea
Punks in the beerlight

Also: my pillow..., dallas, slow education, what is not but could be if - and there were definitely more!

GREAT atmosphere, couple of over-zealous wankers who barged through us like we weren't there to get to the front, but other than that and the odd chatter fantastic. Didn't he mention the chatterboxes in the audience? SHAME on you :p

Also: my pillow..., dallas, slow education, what is not but could be if - and there were definitely more!

GREAT atmosphere, couple of over-zealous wankers who barged through us like we weren't there to get to the front, but other than that and the odd chatter fantastic. Didn't he mention the chatterboxes in the audience? SHAME on you :p

this seems to becoming a regular occurance at gigs i noticed more and more chatterboxes,its really becoming annoying

Luckily enough, I was in a cluster of rapt disciples and no-one around me was chatting too loudly.

Worst ever Whelans gig for chatterboxes was Stars of the Lid a couple of months ago. Excruciating.

yeah, Tennessee was in there, as was Dallas.

such a beautiful gig.
just amazing.
i'm totally in love with David Berman.
i never imagined that his stage mannerisms would be like that!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back