Silver Jews, Whelan's, May 16 (1 Viewer)

There are clips of the gig up on Youtube.

Trains Across the Sea would melt Mugabe's heart.

Amazing. Great band, ridiculously good atmosphere. The sound was excellent as well.

Started with Random Rules - total hairs on the back of the neck moment - and played basically all the songs they played in Dundalk plus Sometimes a Pony Gets Depressed. Encored with Trains Across the Sea and Punks in the Beerlight.

DCB wasn't playing guitar, and it really freed him. He seemed to really enjoy it from beginning to end - he dedicated the gig to "your May 17th selves", was "trying to discover the parameters of mike-stand technique" and was worried his in-ear monitors made him look like "that twit from Radiohead" .|..|

it was life-affirming stuff really. I've still got a ready-brek glow from it. Crashed me feckin bike last night and didn't feel a thing I was on such a buzz.

it

Amazing. Great band, ridiculously good atmosphere. The sound was excellent as well.

Started with Random Rules - total hairs on the back of the neck moment - and played basically all the songs they played in Dundalk plus Sometimes a Pony Gets Depressed. Encored with Trains Across the Sea and Punks in the Beerlight.

DCB wasn't playing guitar, and it really freed him. He seemed to really enjoy it from beginning to end - he dedicated the gig to "your May 17th selves", was "trying to discover the parameters of mike-stand technique" and was worried his in-ear monitors made him look like "that twit from Radiohead" .|..|

it was life-affirming stuff really. I've still got a ready-brek glow from it. Crashed me feckin bike last night and didn't feel a thing I was on such a buzz.

it was all just as flux here said, and truly an amazing gig (I think the highlight gig of my year so far!) I think he enjoyed not playing guitar and looked quite comfortable without it!
I was buzzin all weekend:) Flux-- I cannot believe you actually cycled home (i thought ya were joking!)

good gig.
Only knew one song (the first one) as I'm only a casual listener.
But it was great.
Great sound upstairs.
Think I prefer it up there.

He made awful damn sure everyone knew the bass player was his wife wha? If he was a cave man he would have pissed on her.

I cannot believe you actually cycled home (i thought ya were joking!)

I got the scars to prove it! Well, gash. Luckily didn't have to go all the way though, met a friend on the street in Rathmines and conked on his couch instead. Just as well, I'd probably have got killed otherwise.

There was never going to be any sobriety after that gig anyhoo. :)

yes, I think this is the best gig I've ever been at my whole life. My objectivity might be slightly tainted by the fact that I was standing 2 feet in front of Cassie for the entire thing (unintentional, but...., wow :heart: ). It was great. The greatest ever.

From the the ATP handbook this weekend "... holed up and rolled up in Nashville with a hot band and a hotter wife".

They were very good there too. Though Dave made some odd references to Ireland there.

His banter in general seemed a little strange but he was reading headlines out of the Farmers Journal (it's a good time to be a sheepfarmer apparently) and that it was a bad time to live here because we were having the Lisbon Treaty shoved down our gullets. Nothing said in venom it was just a little perplexing.

Gig of the year for me so far. Dave Berman is my hero. Nice to have songs from all the albums too. Just got Natural Air in the post today.

i saw them in galway. definately one of the best gigs ive been to in a long while!
i love the new album..suffering jukebox is brilliant.
there were too drunk guys talkin a lot in the roisin that night and i loved it when she sang "theres a lot of chatterboxes in this crowd.."

what did you think of the support JTSongs? i liked him..

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back