Signs of Aging (2 Viewers)

Back is out 4 days now and shows no signs of improving.
Also something that happen in the car on the way back from dropping the wife to the bus, that I dare not mention here,
Anyhooo, I find myself much more in touch with paper towel conservation these days.
Toilet paper too, but that wasn't the case when I got home this morning from dropping the wife to the bus.
Miss you too.

Holy shit Jimmy, that ain't normal. If this persists into Spring you should go and see your GP

Thanks Egg! You're right of course, it's not normal, and I kind of overstated it really. I still get a lot of pleasure out of many things - music, movies, books, people, walks, my crazy nephews and nieces, but that real live buzz that I used to get out of seeing great new movies, discovering new music, going out with my mates, seeing my mates, dancing, drinking, festivals, the anticipation of meeting someone.. all of that... just isn't as strong or as frequent as it once was. I suppose I was referring more to pining about my youth, than moping about aging.

But I think what I posted earlier is normal in some respects, in that none of those experiences I love are new anymore, so the buzz just won't be as strong. Also, most of my mates are married with kids now and/or have moved away to different counties/ countries, so I can't share these experiences as much. I think you also worry more as you age - about your parents, mortgage/ debts, your health, work, being stuck in a rut, meeting/ not meeting someone (if you haven't already done so), letting people down, being misunderstood, being boring etc. So while I'm doing all those things that I get a buzz out of, somewhere in the back of my mind, I'm being slightly nagged by those other less positive aspects that aging brings.

THAT SAID, lovely day today, everything gelled in work, had a good laugh at lunchtime, felt like I could walk forever on the way home and........ looking forward to the summer!

Jim Daniels said:
I kind of overstated it really
That's alright then

The mundanity of everyday life grinds me down a bit too, in fairness, but I think it's very easy to misremember your youth y'know? To only remember the peaks, and not the everyday shite. I always looked back on my time in college with rose-tinted glasses, but one day a few years ago I happened to be cycling past the science block and peered in at my old labs and thought ... fuck me I'm glad I'm not in there

That's alright then

The mundanity of everyday life grinds me down a bit too, in fairness, but I think it's very easy to misremember your youth y'know? To only remember the peaks, and not the everyday shite. I always looked back on my time in college with rose-tinted glasses, but one day a few years ago I happened to be cycling past the science block and peered in at my old labs and thought ... fuck me I'm glad I'm not in there

Thats true enough growing up or being young can be very difficult there has to be some sort of trade off or bonus you get with age like some sort of mental maturity or development of some sort.

I saw a post on facebook earlier that degenerated into a long winded rambling argument that got increasingly icy. I was amazed at their determination and baffled as to why they just didn't delete each other..it just seemed so pointless.

i like the grey that's coming through in my beard. getting creases around the eyes and the belly's gonna have to be dealt with pretty soon. other than that i'm doing alright.

I saw a post on facebook earlier that degenerated into a long winded rambling argument that got increasingly icy. I was amazed at their determination and baffled as to why they just didn't delete each other..it just seemed so pointless.
who's that then? anyone i know?

really? i can rarely be arsed arguing about anything anymore...and even if i do get into an argument i lapse back into not giving a fuck fairly sharpish, often mid-argument

Nah, I'm crankier. Fuck everyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back