shite ad of the year, 2004 (1 Viewer)

it's the Chinese Whispers idents before Emmerdale that really make me want to throw the telly out the window. 'the vicars a satanist' etc, all carried out by rural types eating a lot of salad cream. YURRGHHHHHHH

What with those ads for Diorhhea (sp?) treatments? Theres one where the dude's in a hot-air baloon, and another where theyre skiing, as if you expect the ad to end with a stream of brown fallingthrough the air/streaked tastefully down the piste.

I think they should do a before/after on it.

All adds with babies bums, and with toddlers on the bog.
Also the ad for sanitory pads where the girl is pushing past everyone
in the cinema to get to her seat, and she's all happy cause she doesn't look like
she wearing a nappy.
Before seeing this ad I never considered the fact that your shoving your arse in
everyones face on the way to the loo.

lmd64 said:
or those dental gum ads, with old people acting all coy and seductive? it's like they're trying to force mental images of old people having sex on us, nasty.
I once had to take my granny's washing off the line, if her
gi-normous underwear is anything to go by, that would be a very
scary thing to witness.
I'm going to get me to a Nunnery once I start to over-ripen!

sarah said:
All adds with babies bums, and with toddlers on the bog.
Also the ad for sanitory pads where the girl is pushing past everyone
in the cinema to get to her seat, and she's all happy cause she doesn't look like
she wearing a nappy.
Before seeing this ad I never considered the fact that your shoving your arse in
everyones face on the way to the loo.
yeah it's great, you can let a quiet on rip in the face of the fucker that you just KNOW is going to be texting his mot all through the fillum.

the mafia coke vanilla ad. when, oh when, did vanilla become cool?

in fact, all "'we so cool' mafia ads. those AIB loan ads with yer man from the soprano's, and his bleedin' "wake up call"? Shite, i tell ya, SHITE!!!

'This is the wake up call from the dream you call your life'

'Oh great! Have I been called up in some matrixesque quest to peel back the layers of reality, and free all the helpless drones from the boring everyday meaningless existence of early 21st century monotony?'

'Eh, :eek: no actually, will you buy a mortgage off me?'

':(Get the fuck out of my room '

just thought of another one, which may have already been mentioned...

those Lynx ads where its like "cos you never know when..."

it amazes me that so many guys think that Lynx acually doesn't smell like stale cat piss... not only that but they think it increases their chances of scores tenfold... goes to show the power of advertising.

in fact, any and all "laddish" ads should be outlawed.

I saw a new ad for Fruice earlier - oh ha ha the wit! it is comparing drinking fruice to being a nudist as fruice is "natural". personally I don't think concentrated orange juice is very natural but anyway...the dude is sitting at his kitchen table and there is a Mor festival poster stuck to the fridge beside him.

someone should sue over this.

lmd64 said:
ah, in fairness, talking about ads is hardly 'arts and culture', like, wha'?
Ehh, it is. Unfortuneatly. :eek:

All this topic moving is very confusing at the best of times tho.

WHY MUST WE BE PIGEONHOLED?

Fight the power n stuff.

God Im bored.

Ad of the year: Ireland's Own, June, Personals, as discovered by Dexta:

IRISHMAN, 41, Dubliner, medium hair, loves Dolly Parton, dancing, bingo, Irish language, cartoons, travel, radio, water, milk, chips, fresh air, long walks, rugby union, soccer, horses, WLTHF New Zealand ladies

I particularly like the bolded bit...although there are other treasures in there...like, how many New Zealand ladies read Ireland's Own?

Inspection of other issues revealed more to the tail: seems our lonesome Lothario had had a previous attempt in May - interesting to deduce where he thought he'd gone wrong from the amendments:

DUBLINER, 41, clean shaven, loves Dolly Parton, dancing, bingo, Irish language, cartoons, travel, reading, crosswords, chess, pool, radio, water, milk,apples, fresh air, long walks, hurling, cats, WLTHF Cork ladies

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back