shit bands '09 - music takes a turn for the worse (1 Viewer)

grandad.gif

Best gif in a long time!

There's always been shite music, and fads and trends, its just that this particular fad is based on the fact that a lot of these bands are pretending to look clever by using electronic instruments and synths but basically tacking them onto the same old tired song forms.

And they've got shit haircuts...

And they think the 80's were a great decade full of stylish music and fashions.

WRONG!

Ladyhawke is 2008.

just sayin'.

at least there's no sign of any Kooks/View etc. crap bands this year. I'm kind of glad 'quirky' (OMG!) acts are getting exposure this year, even if they're not all good. As far as The Biggest Thing in Pop 2009 (TM) goes Lady GAGA is pretty great in comparison to Westlife

I don't think it matters whether Westlife or Lady Gaga are the biggest thing in pop, in our splintered cultural universe. It might have mattered a bit in 1985.

Yes. Music consumption is quite the bore these days. Should we shut down thumped?

I very much busted a kidney laughing at the BrokeNCYDE video. That's absolutely incredible. The wikipedia is great, where they try and explain the origin of their name and how Warren Ellis describes the video for Freaxxx as "a near-perfect snapshot of everything that’s shit about this point in the culture".

I very much busted a kidney laughing at the BrokeNCYDE video. That's absolutely incredible. The wikipedia is great, where they try and explain the origin of their name and how Warren Ellis describes the video for Freaxxx as "a near-perfect snapshot of everything that’s shit about this point in the culture".

"a kind of macro-performance art that exists so far beyond the tropes of irony and sincerity that to ask 'are they kidding?' is like trying to peel an onion to get to a perceived central core that, in the end, does not exist and renders all attempts to reassemble the pieces futile."

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back