SHELLAC TO HEADLINE U:MACK'S 10th BIRTHDAY PARTY! (NOV 27) (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter u:m
  • Start date
  • Replies 269
  • Views 25K
  • Watchers 13
its gotta cost that much for tickets.. even at that Im taking a fuckin huge risk.. its gotta be full for me to not loose... 10 years of fuckin awful gambles...

u:m said:
its gotta cost that much for tickets.. even at that Im taking a fuckin huge risk.. its gotta be full for me to not loose... 10 years of fuckin awful gambles...
that's a bargain timo! you'd never see all those bands/people play in the same place for that money... nice one!

skinnerchinner said:
some djs alone and you can be charged 20 elsewhere
defo worth it
yeah, I was just thinking that myself. Not a peep out of me will you hear.

i think this is the point where timo gets a communal hi-5 from everyone. are you ready for 2 million hands timo?

hag said:
i think this is the point where timo gets a communal hi-5 from everyone. are you ready for 2 million hands timo?
once those hands contain 27.50 each, I was born ready

skinnerchinner said:
its a late show
when are late shows all ages?

ans: 7

what is a late show in dublin? like is it starting at midnight or something?

and i have no idea when late shows are all ages...

are there fucking any all ages shows in this town?

as a consumer base, i'd have to say we pretty much suck.

stunning said:
what is a late show in dublin? like is it starting at midnight or something?

and i have no idea when late shows are all ages...

are there fucking any all ages shows in this town?

as a consumer base, i'd have to say we pretty much suck.
here here. i don't know any under 18's though. i guess i could start flyering central bank?

u:m said:
good job u:m. we'll make you rich yet. really looking forward to this.

hag said:
here here. i don't know any under 18's though. i guess i could start flyering central bank?

i did something like that once... gave out copies of a zine outside central bank and the tbmc. may as well have thrown them in a canal. some goth kiddies can be pretty hostile.

Ciaran Mackle said:
is it all ages?

Ciaran, apparently its not because its a late show or something.

:( Can we get you a fake i.d.? Do you *look* 18?

At the risk of sounding like a complete creep, sometimes if an under 18 is accompanied by parent or guardian, can't they get into shows? Sure we could tell them I'm your Mom.

Hey, U:M can you find a task for Ciaran to do, like sell merch or do something with the door or help the stage manager or do something like that so he can get in. Ciaran, is that a boy name or a girl name or a boy/girl name? Sorry, I've just realized I'm at a loss for an identified gender here. Not my own, which is questionable enough, but Ciaran's.

Anyway, can't we do SOMETHING to get this kid into this show? I know Ciaran is willing to buy a ticket AND to work. Come on U:M, let's make this potentially once in a lifetime chance dream come true!!!!

.|..|

errr... it's hardly u:m's fault we don't have an all-ages culture. there's very few venues in dublin without bars... niall mcguirk had a great idea about putting shows on in school halls and community centres... i guess if people genuinely give a shit about all ages shows, that kind of thing will have to start happening. do not underestimate the laziness of the irish people though thomas... you go to the trouble of doing this and the boozey punters won't show up... because there's no beer or the venue is slightly out of the way... promoter loses money, yadda yadda.

hag said:
errr... it's hardly u:m's fault we don't have an all-ages culture.

I certainly don't mean to imply that its his fault, hardly indeed hag. but can u:m be a part of a solution for an isolated under 18 from down the country that may never have the chance to see shellac again? when nirvana came to chicago i said i see them next time. three months later kurt was gone.

that's all i'm asking for, a little creative finoodling from the event management. can we get ciaran on roadie detail, you know? can someone open the side door when security ain't looking to get ciaran in? can all of us who are over 18 who have tried and maybe succeeded at some point to get into an 18+ show think about how we did that and come up with a solution for this kid?

stunning said:
I certainly don't mean to imply that its his fault, hardly indeed hag. but can u:m be a part of a solution for an isolated under 18 from down the country that may never have the chance to see shellac again? when nirvana came to chicago i said i see them next time. three months later kurt was gone.

that's all i'm asking for, a little creative finoodling from the event management. can we get ciaran on roadie detail, you know? can someone open the side door when security ain't looking to get ciaran in? can all of us who are over 18 who have tried and maybe succeeded at some point to get into an 18+ show think about how we did that and come up with a solution for this kid?
ok, but you set a precident for something like this and u:m gets hundreds of requests for the same thing. i'm sure there 1,000's of under 18's who'd like to go to this and highlighting one man's plight like this and putting pressure on u:m in a public way isn't very fair. i completely agree that we're lacking as a nation in making music accessible to young people but letting one person in in this fashion won't solve anything in the long run... people need to start putting on gigs in alternative locations such as community centres and the likes... and people need to get used to going to them... the guys in kilcoole do this pretty well, we could take a leaf out of their book. if, on the other hand, you're trying to pick this guy up, i'll bow out now, gracefully. ;)

stunning said:
unless you look really young, what's the problem? I was going to over 18's gigs at 16 and earlier (I know it's easier for girls) and I certainly never announced my age at the door. Just turn up, act nonchalent and it'll be fine. And maybe he shouldn't shave for the week preceding...

hag said:
errr... it's hardly u:m's fault we don't have an all-ages culture. there's very few venues in dublin without bars... niall mcguirk had a great idea about putting shows on in school halls and community centres... i guess if people genuinely give a shit about all ages shows, that kind of thing will have to start happening. do not underestimate the laziness of the irish people though thomas... you go to the trouble of doing this and the boozey punters won't show up... because there's no beer or the venue is slightly out of the way... promoter loses money, yadda yadda.
All that and the fact that getting insurance for a school hall for apublic gig would be crippling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back