SHELLAC TO HEADLINE U:MACK'S 10th BIRTHDAY PARTY! (NOV 27) (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter u:m
  • Start date
  • Replies 269
  • Views 24K
  • Watchers 13
Robbie Analog said:
Was a bit too pissed by the time plaid come on. Fucking GREAT night though, cheers timo!
Oh god, me too, how my head pains. To anyone I said Id fight outside, I'm sorry :)

great night though! What a birthday party! cheers

niallmc said:
Hope you had/are all having a good time at this. I go away for a week and the babysitter deserts me for another brother......Maybe I could just leave the kids asleep upstairs......
shit man, sorry you couldn't make it. shellac have you hooked up for tuesday man

holy fuck. what a gig. shellac = rock-on-a-stick. if they'd a been wearing leotards and had their hair tied back in really tight pre-gorbachev style pony tails i'd give them all perfect 10s. but 9.999's all round. "I will sponsor you martina navratalova!". funny stuff.

anyone else have the worst hangover of their drinking lives? as i was drinking the pints out of those lovely plastic glasses i was saying to myself this beer is a hangover waiting to happen. there was a weird smell and a taste of cider off my lager. i was driving home today and puked going around a roundabout. interesting one that. then i pulled over to puke in a hedge and i was rumbled by the hedge owner bringing his dog for a walk. distressimus maximus. we need a really pale and bloodshot eyed puking avatar.

but my hangover aside - well done to all involved. one of the best nights of music in dublin for years. we need one of those "rawk!!" hand gesture avatars :)

last night was mucho fun, even if it is all over between Steve and me. There's just nothing there any more, I knew it was coming and last night confirmed it for me. Shellac = Zzzzz. *

I apologise to the 400 people I told this to last night, as I waxed drunkenly. Ugh, my head. She hurts.

*by the way, for the edification of any pedants, this is obviously meant in a tongue in cheek fashion

Ciaran Mackle said:
he got bob fucking weston to ring me. i swear my stomach is in knots thinking that i actually talked to bob and he is the nicest guy. <snip> anyway again i wanna say that thomas is the coolest person ever!!!!!!!!

Ciaran, sometimes I just need a mission to keep me going. Last night I had one and it MADE my night last night! I can't tell you how happy I was that it happened. For you, for me, for Rock! Apparently there had been some difficulty with our email communications. My friends know how nervous I was that it wouldn't work...I couldn't actually hold a conversation with ANYONE until I finally talked to his wife Carrie who assured me it would happen and that it was a really sweet thing to do. Bob agreed and was totally up for it but he was worried you would think he was a dork for calling!!! I was told he was gonna get extra lovin' last night for calling you. Bob IS the nicest guy in the world and he looks like all my friends in Chicago all mushed up together! Hope to see you soon Dude. Cheers! :D

stunning said:
Ciaran, sometimes I just need a mission to keep me going. Last night I had one and it MADE my night last night! I can't tell you how happy I was that it happened. For you, for me, for Rock! Apparently there had been some difficulty with our email communications. My friends know how nervous I was that it wouldn't work...I couldn't actually hold a conversation with ANYONE until I finally talked to his wife Carrie who assured me it would happen and that it was a really sweet thing to do. Bob agreed and was totally up for it but he was worried you would think he was a dork for calling!!! I was told he was gonna get extra lovin' last night for calling you. Bob IS the nicest guy in the world and he looks like all my friends in Chicago all mushed up together! Hope to see you soon Dude. Cheers! :D
man i was worried that it mighta made the gig less enjoyable for you because you were trying to get it all set up. sorry if it did! lol me thinking bob weston was a dork? no chance. hope he got that extra loving!

anyway man give me a shout next time your in belfast and hopefully we can hook up!

My head is still killing me. what the fucking fuck do they put in the beer in vicar street!?

kirstie said:
My head is still killing me. what the fucking fuck do they put in the beer in vicar street!?
Any time i've gotten a pint of bulmers in vicar street it's tasted like someone's been practising mixing snakebites on the sly.

A rather unpleasant reminder of Bruxhelles back in the day.

oh at the time it was the nectar of the gods. And I wouldn't want to give the impression I didn't enjoy myself, because I did, loads. The atmosphere was fantastic - it really felt like An Event, there was a complete buzz about the place. The Bug was fucking BRILLIANT! As was Decal, missed the rednecks, and was far too shitfaced to move for Plaid.

i spent four hours on saturday evening redoing all my cabling behind the telly.

not so much of an event, that...

kirstie said:
i hear you barking big dog. i feel like i've been poisoned. and as i mentioned above - i knew i was being poisoned as i was drinking the stuff. silly silly me.

I thought I was going to die at about 3am this morning, this after spending the entire day in bed, eating fat frogs and moaning. I had to get up at 3 and take yet another load of painkillers to stop my brain poking my left eye out. Still hurts now, and I had to get another packet of max strength horse tranquiliser type tablets on the way to work.

Donkey OJ said:
i hear you barking big dog. i feel like i've been poisoned. and as i mentioned above - i knew i was being poisoned as i was drinking the stuff. silly silly me.

kirstie said:
I thought I was going to die at about 3am this morning, this after spending the entire day in bed, eating fat frogs and moaning. I had to get up at 3 and take yet another load of painkillers to stop my brain poking my left eye out. Still hurts now, and I had to get another packet of max strength horse tranquiliser type tablets on the way to work.
maybe the fat frogs didn't help your recovery.

Fun night all round. Gotta concur with the folks giving props to The Bug. Yowsa. The amount of stuff I lost/had nicked that night is in direct relation to how good a time I had (well more to do with how spaced I was prolly. Hmm.) But I'm now down a wallet, the contents thereof, a phone, the pic of Hag wearing my clothes that was in my phone (yep), a coat and my keys. If anyone knows the contents of these items pease phone me at... oh yeah... cry.

great night
i was far too pissed tho and left during plaid
a shame really cos they had started with that new hp stonji record on
spezial material which is great
shouldnt have started the boozathon so early
the rest was great
the bug reached into my ears and raped them

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back