Sexism, god help us (2 Viewers)

This is for real. I had a dream last night that a few of us arranged to meet up for a drink. The pub turned out to be a train station platform overgrown with grass.The bartender was a bloke standing behind a fence.

There was just 3 of us and because we haven't met in real life (as far as I know), everyone's faces were blurred and we were kind of talking sideways at each other. We were hoping @washingcattle would turn up. And he did! - but had rebranded himself as "I Am The Cat". After some initial tension, everyone got along fine and we spent the evening discussing Don DeLillo's best books, Arab Strap and whether that old "when a stranger suddenly gives you flowers - that's Impulse" ad, would be considered sexist/ cat calling today.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

i'm quite enjoying being able to post without fear of a thread turning into washingcattle yells at cloud
Couldn't disagree more. I didn't always take his side but he was the liveliest contributor on here. More than just a contrarian he instigated a lot of genuine debate across all the boards. And the What Movie Did You Watch Last Night thread will be a barren place without him.

This place has gone to the dogs. Music is hardly ever discussed these days. Vinny's about the only person who still starts threads on gigs anymore (him and the occasional very thorough promoter) and they quickly drift off the front page.

Couldn't disagree more. I didn't always take his side but he was the liveliest contributor on here. More than just a contrarian he instigated a lot of genuine debate across all the boards. And the What Movie Did You Watch Last Night thread will be a barren place without him.

This place has gone to the dogs. Music is hardly ever discussed these days. Vinny's about the only person who still starts threads on gigs anymore (him and the occasional very thorough promoter) and they quickly drift off the front page.

I start threads on gigs too.

I'd love to sit yas all down in person for a pint and a chat.

The waiting game sucks.
hhh.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back