Serreyeasiss (2 Viewers)

Update on this. I was prescribed

Update.
This has changed my life. I've been clear since I started taking it. I inject myself once every three months.
Hooray for science.
So the efficacy of this has started to wear off

The body is still clear thankfully, but the scalp itch and flake has returned with a vengeance
Possibly stress or alcohol-related, or both, or maybe just time to try a new variant of the drug

In the meantime has there been any advance in shampoos or other treatments since I last looked at this thread?

last week, i got a patch of psoriasis for the first time in probably 15 years; and i suspect it's related to the bout of probable covid i got about a month ago. still slightly under the weather after that.

Tried Enstilar foam recently. Horrible greasy stuff and expensive but it works pretty quickly. It’ll come back eventually obvs, but worth a go if you want a few months clear(er).
I actually have a can of that stuff. Is it supposed foam like a mousse? I find it hard to apply. Maybe I need to shake it more before use.

Aha
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

It works upside down and straight up, but not sideways (if I’m remembering correctly)
Wanda Sykes Jokes GIF by Crank Yankers

Expensive stuff, even with the gov subsidy. Between that and the meds I am on I can never afford to move outside the EU

Aha
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

What does something like this do that moisturiser doesn't?

The only psoriasis that bothers me is the corner of my eye socket which isn't very nice.
The other places, as for a long time are: behind ears, tiny bit other side of nose, back of head, right shoulder, both elbows, right hip and both knees.
So it is not that bad for me.

The scaly crap is the problem but I don't mind the redness at all.
A shower (or two) daily goes a long way with a bit of moisturiser to stop the scaly crap.
If having no psoriasis cost me more than 25 euro a month I'd rather spend my money on something else.

I'm sure I can't tell you guys anything you don't already know.

Psoriasis does seem unusually prevalent in my line of work. Which is weird as a job choice for these lads because we're forever covered in sawdust and dirt and rust and paint. Aluminium, despite it's shiny clean appearance, is the worst.

Once while working with a lot of aluminium frames, a guy phoned in sick because of it. I believed him because I was struggling as well, and I could just look at him. This was a problem though as we're all security cleared etc. then he said "ok, I'll do it for £x/hour."
Boss said "well I could pay you £100/hour, but it's not going to help your skin".

He doesn't work for us anymore. A bad pitch for pay rise there.

What does something like this do that moisturiser doesn't?

The only psoriasis that bothers me is the corner of my eye socket which isn't very nice.
The other places, as for a long time are: behind ears, tiny bit other side of nose, back of head, right shoulder, both elbows, right hip and both knees.
So it is not that bad for me.

The scaly crap is the problem but I don't mind the redness at all.
A shower (or two) daily goes a long way with a bit of moisturiser to stop the scaly crap.
If having no psoriasis cost me more than 25 euro a month I'd rather spend my money on something else.
Moisturisers never did anything for me. Waste of time and money and was basically a messy unpleasant experience. This stuff seems to be a bit better. It certainly reduces the pain and itching.

I was practically covered from head to toe in painful bleeding plaques. It put the kybosh on so many aspects of my life for years so I was happy to spend whatever it cost to be well again. Luckily the expensive drug I'm on now is affordable in this country.

At the moment I just have the elbows and if I don't pay some attention to it it can get painful. Plus you don't realise how often you use your elbows until you cant. Fucking thing will probably just disappear one day like it did on my knee only to pop up somewhere else. It seems to come hand in hand with MS. Autoimmune bollox.
Related: got my covid booster half an hour ago.

The area around my eye sockets was really sore at one stage about 20 years ago. I had cracked skin on my eye lids so I put vaseline on it twice a day - if I didn't it got very sore.
Not sure why this stopped happening.
Had kind of forgotten about that.

Even when I had that problem I wouldn't have been up for paying very much to fix that.

Update: used this stuff everyday for two weeks and sure thing, it nuked the areas very effectively. After two weeks you're supposed to go to every second day. I'm trying to stretch it out to every 3rd or 4th day but the condition is fighting back. Might just have to go every other day.

Oh, and the spray nozzle broke off within about 3 days. I still works with a bit of jimmying. Bad form.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back