September Beer Fest in the Park (1 Viewer)

Jim Daniels

Burls Forever
Supporter
Since 2000
Website
twitter.com
http://www.bordbia.ie/eventsnews/events/Pages/SeptemberFest2008.aspx

Hmmmm... beeer!

summerfest_logo.gif

On Saturday the 13th and Sunday the 14th of September, Bord Bia, in conjunction with the OPW, will host Ireland’s first ever national independent drinks festival at Farmleigh house and gardens in the Phoenix Park. The festival will feature the very best of Ireland’s independent micro-breweries, cider makers, distillers and liqueur companies. Throughout the event, patrons will have the opportunity to taste and purchase an array of products from the very best of Irelands somewhat “lesser known” but innovative and unique drinks companies, and meet the brewers, distillers, cider and liqueur makers behind the high quality range of products on offer - see here for a listing of the companies taking part.
SeptemberFest offers something for all the family, both young and old alike. With various bands playing on the music stage, to street performers, medieval displays and a lecture series on Irish food and drink history, there will certainly be something to whet the appetite in more ways than one!
Artisan food producers will also be on site throughout the event to feed the masses with their range of hand crafted crepes, quiches, pies, hot dogs, burgers and lots more besides.
The festival will be open each day from 11:00am to 6:30pm and admission is free. There is limited car-parking available on site as well as an extended bus service which runs throughout the Phoenix Park and includes numerous stops at Farmleigh.

For further information please contact: [email protected] or tel 01 6142254
General Information

http://www.bordbia.ie/eventsnews/events/Pages/SeptemberFest2008.aspx
Throughout the event, patrons will have the opportunity to taste and purchase an array of products from the very best of Irelands somewhat “lesser known” but innovative and unique drinks companies, and meet the brewers, distillers, cider and liqueur makers behind the high quality range of products on offer - see here for a listing of the companies taking part.

Hot Irishman? Really? Wouldn't be how I would describe that stuff.

Looks like it could be well worth a visit though. Hope the weather is nice at the weekend.

Hot Irishman? Really? Wouldn't be how I would describe that stuff.

Looks like it could be well worth a visit though. Hope the weather is nice at the weekend.

Hot Irishman is a ready made hot Irish Coffee - hotter than you think! Unlike us native males, who are not so kindly blessed!

Hot Irishman is a ready made hot Irish Coffee - hotter than you think! Unlike us native males, who are not so kindly blessed!

Oh, I know what Hot Irishman is, just wouldn't be a fan at all.

And those other ones that come in a glass that you microwave - Something about a drink that is solid until you heat it up that suggests WRONG.

I know a few hott Irishmen though (or should that be hottt - I can't remember) anyway, the important thing is that they do exist.

Oh, I know what Hot Irishman is, just wouldn't be a fan at all.

And those other ones that come in a glass that you microwave - Something about a drink that is solid until you heat it up that suggests WRONG.

I know a few hott Irishmen though (or should that be hottt - I can't remember) anyway, the important thing is that they do exist.

Fair play Squiggle, I don't know anybody else who knows what that drink is. And you're right about those microwave jobs. Some things should not exist!

I think we were voted least attractive males ever in some poll recently! They blamed it on poor genes due to the famine!

I think we were voted least attractive males ever in some poll recently! They blamed it on poor genes due to the famine!

That was a bit harsh!

I suppose it just goes to show that beauty is in the eye of the beholder, anyway, attraction is about so much more than physical appearance.

That was a bit harsh!

I suppose it just goes to show that beauty is in the eye of the beholder, anyway, attraction is about so much more than physical appearance.

i would say "get back on topic" but beauty being in the eye of the beholder is a side effect of tasting many of these microbrews so... as you were :p

and as for the irish having crap genes/being ugly clearly these pollsters have only ever been hanging around moore street. i saw a cracking exhibition in gallery of photography of earliest colour photography of irish people by two french women and they were astonished at their beauty, style and slightly spanish looks of the irish women. And this was post famine. Granted the men in the photos did look a bit gummy and grisley but they were the aulfellas hanging around the house, all the young lads were off stoning the royal cunstablerys house or booking their trip to the states. So polls can shove it up their barchart, we're getting less potato head by the day in this country and we'll give any nation a run for its money pretty soon.

i cant wait to sup some homebrew.
it'll help me relax a little :)

i would say "get back on topic" but beauty being in the eye of the beholder is a side effect of tasting many of these microbrews so... as you were :p

i cant wait to sup some homebrew.
it'll help me relax a little :)

I did toy with "beerholder" instead of "beholder" but I felt that would take from sincerity of my statement, even if it would help keep the thread on track.

From the list there still seems to be a disappointing lack of craft brewing going on in this country though.

and as for the irish having crap genes/being ugly clearly these pollsters have only ever been hanging around moore street. i saw a cracking exhibition in gallery of photography of earliest colour photography of irish people by two french women and they were astonished at their beauty, style and slightly spanish looks of the irish women. And this was post famine.

Hopefully the Polish and Lithuanian armada will finish the work begun by the Spanish.

I did toy with "beerholder" instead of "beholder" but I felt that would take from sincerity of my statement, even if it would help keep the thread on track.

From the list there still seems to be a disappointing lack of craft brewing going on in this country though.

Yeah, there was a bit of a push a few years ago, but it seems to have died down. I spoke to one of them recently (Galway Hooker -really nice ale) and he put it down to competition and the difficulty in getting people to try new beers. Irish beer drinkers tend to be very set in their ways and will always order the same drink, out of habit more than anything else. Why else would somebody drink Heineken?!

The beerholder comment was highly amusing!

can't wait for this! :heart: Galway Hooker. Other beer drinkers I know who've tasted it said I was mad to drink it. And someone I gave a taste of O' Hara's Celebration Stout to said it tasted like drip tray. anyway i had my first pint of O' Hara's on draught the other day...deadly.

can't wait for this! :heart: Galway Hooker. Other beer drinkers I know who've tasted it said I was mad to drink it. And someone I gave a taste of O' Hara's Celebration Stout to said it tasted like drip tray. anyway i had my first pint of O' Hara's on draught the other day...deadly.

Galway Hooker is tasty-out!:)

Must try O'Hara's draught. Did you have it in a Dublin pub?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back