Sending packages to Ireland from the US (1 Viewer)

On this topic, can you do me a small favour? Look up an item on ebay and see how much postage is within the US for it? I'm being quoted €23 which seems excessive given that its a poster selling for €3.50.

I emailed the seller and they found a way to knock €6 off the postage by switching to a lighter tube. Result.

I emailed the seller and they found a way to knock €6 off the postage by switching to a lighter tube. Result.
Balls. I went down on Monday and forgot it was a holiday.
They're usually open til midnight but it was closed.
Meant to post that. Forgot.

$19 sounds pretty good. I couldn't get anywhere close to that on the USPS site.

So, in review
Clothes ordered from Gap/Old Navy Sept 30th
Arrived to me on Oct 7th.
I mailed them on Oct 9th
They arrived in Kerry on Oct 14th

That's a solid two weeks.

I've been waiting that long on a book from Italy, they seem to have an abysmal postal service, both from this and previous experience.

I've been waiting that long on a book from Italy, they seem to have an abysmal postal service, both from this and previous experience.
yeah, Italy is well known for being the worst! A lot of sellers on ebay/discogs and the like refuse to send to Italy.

yeah, Italy is well known for being the worst! A lot of sellers on ebay/discogs and the like refuse to send to Italy.

I've had less hassle sending to Belarus (well the buyer got a bit stroppy when the tracking showed the parcel in Russia), sent an item worth €250 to Italy once and it just went missing for a week. Thankfully I knew the lad through another bloke so he wasn't stressing me as much as he could have been but still, I was sweating.

i'm waiting on stuff from China again. Tracking number isn't even being recognised on the tracking number checking website.

The other week I was waiting on some medicinal herb stuff from a reputable supplier & thought maybe customs had taken it. Turns out the envelope was so small I wasn't able to detect it in the postbox (I never use my postbox key, I just stick as much of my hand that will go in and fish out the post).

The other week I was waiting on some medicinal herb stuff from a reputable supplier & thought maybe customs had taken it. Turns out the envelope was so small I wasn't able to detect it in the postbox (I never use my postbox key, I just stick as much of my hand that will go in and fish out the post).

Medicinal herbs?

lrgscale33006.jpg

Or "medicinal herbs"?

pothead_2_by_opalmist.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back