Growing up in the 90s (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter The
  • Start date
  • Replies 61
  • Views 14K
  • Watchers 2
seriously I just read more of that list, it should be called 'Growing up in the 90's... if you were a knackery scumbag'

not at all..i think it's very applicable...are you calling me a knackery scumbag??

MONDOBRUTALE said:
lets not forget!!!
- going to school
- doing homework
- living in your parents house

andrew
those were the days. I gave up doing most of my homework in first year though. which was 1989. I actually got away with doing nothing all the way through school, (cos I went to a "liberal" rugby jock "comprehensive"), until I failed my leaving cert of course hahaha! :eek:

suckers.

plug said:
ha, it would be "growing up in the 90s... if you were a knackery scumbag... in limerick", if you included:

1. chicago bulls/LA raiders caps

2. beating the fuck out of random "muppets" in the outside todds on o'connell street in the middle of the afternoon on a saturday in front of hundreds of people.

3. stabbing people with screwdrivers.

4. sniffing glue.

those were better times :)

5.drinking down in Poor Mans Kilkee, every Saturday night, without fail

6.Went to Quins

7.then Termights (in the Savoy, Theatre Royal or Costelloes, in that order)

8. Sat in Arthurs Quay Park in the sun on a Saturday Afternoon without getting stabbed to shit

Watching Twin Peaks

Ireland in the world cup for the first time,

Jools Holland and The White Room (I think with Mark Radcliffe) on Channel 4

Meloday Maker, select and Vox magazine

Sadly for myself during the mid 90s thinking oasis were the greatest band ever and sporting a ridiculous Liam Gallagher 'crash helmet' hair cut.

steveamanakick said:
5.drinking down in Poor Mans Kilkee, every Saturday night, without fail

6.Went to Quins

7.then Termights (in the Savoy, Theatre Royal or Costelloes, in that order)

8. Sat in Arthurs Quay Park in the sun on a Saturday Afternoon without getting stabbed to shit
termights in the royal was the best. closely followed by the original top floor savoy, in all it's vomit strewn/hole in the wall bar/picnic table with people shagging under them/everyone else on acid glory.

I was always more of a shannon-monument-by-the-new-bridge/bird sanctuary bush drinker meself.. posh.

haha a friend was down the bird sanctuary recently enough and she saw a couple of wah fuckers who were entertaining themselves by throwing their dog at the swans and shit.

plug said:
termights in the royal was the best. closely followed by the original top floor savoy, in all it's vomit strewn/hole in the wall bar/picnic table with people shagging under them/everyone else on acid glory.

I was always more of a shannon-monument-by-the-new-bridge/bird sanctuary bush drinker meself.. posh.

haha a friend was down the bird sanctuary recently enough and she saw a couple of wah fuckers who were entertaining themselves by throwing their dog at the swans and shit.

up limerick!!!!

Pantone247 said:
none of this nonsense applies to me, y'see I was cool

[edit]

seriously I just read more of that list, it should be called 'Growing up in the 90's... if you were a knackery scumbag'

Eh..... if none of it applies to you, you were seriously un cool. I even remember most of the stuff on that list. If that makes me a knackery scumbag ,
IM FUCKING PROUD .

MONDOBRUTALE said:
lets not forget!!!
- going to school
- doing homework
- living in your parents house

andrew

Still living in my parents house...it's the life

kirstie said:
I was in college in 91. I now feel very olden.

i was just finishing my long term unemployment stint... happiest 2.5 years of my life

HATCH 14 OF A WEDNESDAY NAVAN ROAD CREW REPRESENT

- That list contains far too many exclamation marks

- It was written by twentysomething office worker drones who just looooooooove krazy email forwards

- And who spend their lives talking about traffic, the weather, mortgages, makeup and what they did at the weekend

- They have equally dim spouses and partners

- They are trapped. Ha!

The 90s was the most trashy decade ever. It was horrible looking back on it.

Didnt know the 80s myself it was trashy it was just a bit cringeworthy.

pete said:
HATCH 14 OF A WEDNESDAY NAVAN ROAD CREW REPRESENT

respect.

ah remember getting the dole. Back when the "dole" meant something. Standing in a pre-fab with about 500 other men. To get a piece of paper scribbled on then queueing up AGAIN at another hatch to get actuall cash put in your hands. How did you do it Brady, did you ever get the finger-waggers at ya?

Anthony said:
respect.

ah remember getting the dole. Back when the "dole" meant something. Standing in a pre-fab with about 500 other men. To get a piece of paper scribbled on then queueing up AGAIN at another hatch to get actuall cash put in your hands. How did you do it Brady, did you ever get the finger-waggers at ya?
ah, they were the best of times, they were the worst of times

after 2.5 years on the dole / rock & roll / scratcher i signed off in the Navan Road office on Friday December 6th 1991 to start my new job in Social Welfare the following Monday.

By the morning of Wednesday 11th December, following a 2 day induction course, I was sent to work in... the Navan Road dole office.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back