Selling on Discogs - any advice? (1 Viewer)

dunderhead

Threads
100% on 12 sales isn't much to be fair. Is it an expensive purchase? How are the comments on the feedback?
£22, which is well below the usual asking price of the LP as far as I can see from my wantlist. Currently cheapest one listed is 44 quid. The comments seem sound and from people with a varying amount of ratings i.e. not made up buyers. I'm gonna give the guy the benefit of the doubt for the next week and give him the 'busy christmas period' pass. after that, get on to him with a paypal claim.

cheers for info/advice lads

Cornu Ammonis

Supporter
Contributor
Threads
Website
brainwashed.com
I did get ripped off by someone who had built up about ten positive ratings, listed a bunch of normally expensive stuff at reasonable prices and then sent nothing to anyone. You could see the point when people cottoned on to him in the feedback. (I got my money back.)

GARYXKNIFEDX

Supporter
Threads
Website
Visit site
It's a tough one. Id be pretty pissed off if I sent something and it disappeared,especially if I had to eat the costs. The only way to be sure is to have everything sent registered. But postage is pricey enough.

dunderhead

Threads
got back to me today, gonna send his similarly conditioned copy of the LP as my replacement. If this is genuine, fair dues to the guy. I have some online buying karma due back to me so hopefully this resolves itself.

however, if he's just kicking the scam can down the road i'll be well pissed..

dunderhead

Threads
album arrived today. fucking sweet. what a gent of a seller. took a hit on that sale, gave me his copy of same album, no questions asked (just took his time). Thing plays NM, version I bought was VG I think. people are alright.

this was the album by the way

pavlos

Supporter
Threads
Been selling quite a few cd's recently.

Bought a record that arrived today,the "stiffener" wasa piece of wood.
Best "free gift" I ever got with a Discogs purchase was an ancient bifta tucked into the sleeve from a US seller, who'd obviously forgotten it was there.

Unknown Convict

Threads
Website
www.bop.gov

GARYXKNIFEDX

Supporter
Threads
Website
Visit site
Had a good run so far this year,started well with a bunch of cd's,and more recetly sold off a bunch of cheap 7"s I was sure never would.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create a thumped.com account. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

We're listening to...

• Sister
    Sister
    Angel Olsen
    Sister

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Trending Threads

Latest threads