Selling on Discogs - any advice? (2 Viewers)

Yeah, leave it listed long enough and it turns out that someone out there (usually from Lithuania) does actually want to buy a knackered copy of Kittie's album.

I sold a Spice Girls LP to someone in Brazil before. Though of course I had to have a Spice Girls LP to begin with..

Anyone selling on Discogs.
When do you leave feedback? I always leave after I have gotten feedback,as then I know the items have arrived safe and the customer is happy. But I just sold a few items and been paid for them quickly,and before I've even sent them,the person is asking for feedback. Is that usual ?

I wouldn't do this, wait til they've actually gotten the items. There's no reason they should be asking for feedback at all never mind as soon as you've paid.

Yeah,I told him that I always give feedback in response when I know the records have arrived safe and sound. Because I do.

And I can't imagine asking for feedback. I was just wondering really had anyone else encountered this approach.

Really?

What if the buyer says the records are not as described,or worse?

I'd be of the opinion that the sale isn't complete until the records have arrived.

Haven't had issues re records being not as described or not arriving. Yet. I tend to undergrade though.

I see the feedback thing as both parties having to fulfill their respective parts of the bargain.

The buyer's responsibility - payment
The seller's responsibility - make sure the records arrive and are as described.

One the buyer pays up I see no reason not to give him/her feedback.

Maybe my strategy is skewed by the fact that I do way more buying than selling.

I just realised after I typed that how paranoid it sounds.

I pretty much have only been selling. And maybe my opinion is from the amount of people I see with ebay complaints. (I don't use ebay myself,but see comments on message boards)

I certainly can't disagree with your comments on responsibility.

I dunno,just seemed weird and almost demanding to be asked so quickly after payment for feedback.

And now he's fussing over a 3euro record not being as described,despite everything being pointed out. I'm kinda expecting my first negative feedback.

And now he's fussing over a 3euro record not being as described,despite everything being pointed out. I'm kinda expecting my first negative feedback.

Ugh, sounds about right. These kinds of people are much more trouble than they're worth. Did you leave feedback as he asked?

Well,he split it into two sales. So the first one he gave me positive,but said he was disappointed at sellers being afraid to leave feedback first. I said I always give feedback once the sale is complete.

The other one is "pending" from him,but I left him feedback as in my own words,the records have arrived.

All my previous feedback has been positive.

ah grand. These kinds of disputes you have to ask yourself is it worth fighting tooth and nail over 'the principle' of the matter. They can drag on forever and cause so much uncalled for frustration when someone is just going out of their way to act like a dick to you.

I could understand it more if it was for more pricey records,but they were all cheap(er than any others on discogs),with flaws pointed out.

Ah well,feedback in tact and a few quid to me.

I got GBP £300 for an Oasis singles box set there last month.

this one?

212avULZmoL._SL500_.jpg

I've been on a roll recently. My sister asked me to sell her records and I've been selling bits and pieces of my own rubbish too as a result. Now I've run out of mailers and am gonna have to raid some shops for sturdy cardboard. Definitely not a bad thing.

ebay is too much hassle with its fees for every occasion, discogs is much more straightforward. As for whether one is better than the other in terms of getting the right people to buy your stuff, I don't know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back